What did your LO eat today (weaning)

Im glad ur here :)

Does Naomi like juice? was thinking of diluting it very weak and trying it wiv Hollie as ahe won't drink water and still funny with her milk but then im thinking if I try her with juice it might make her drink even less milk.

Today Hollie had:

9.30 4oz milk

11.30 fruity baby cereal

2.30 5oz milk

5.30 plums squash and sweet poato (just over half pouche), fruit medley pot.

Im hoping she take another 5oz at bedtime x

Last edited:
beccaharrison89 said:
Naomi eats well Hun that's really good, I haven't tried Amelia with juice yet, I scared hehe

I find the baby juices really sweet and I water them down so I just give her cooled boiled water with a touch of no added sugar, but that's only the times when she point blank refuses water. She only has an oz or so of water or juice, she's quite fussy if it has no taste xx

Cas3 said:
Im glad ur here :)

Does Naomi like juice? was thinking of diluting it very weak and trying it wiv Hollie as ahe won't drink water and still funny with her milk but then im thinking if I try her with juice it might make her drink even less milk.

Today Hollie had:

9.30 4oz milk

11.30 fruity baby cereal

2.30 5oz milk

5.30 plums squash and poato, fruit medley pot.

Im hoping she take another 5oz at bedtime x

It's more just to keep her hydrated and for bowels now she's on food but she is ok with the juice not a big fan though and doesn't like water hardly at all xx

I not tried juice yet either, only give him water once, gunna buy him a sippy cup soon.

I didn't give him much today trying not to make him sick..

Breakfast - 7oz bottle (threw up some)

Lunch - 1/2 plum baby raspberry pear and apple, 6oz

Dinner - c&g strawberry and banana porridge 7oz bottle

Bedtime - will give him 6oz not sure what he'll take though x

Your meant to hun to keep them hydrated because they use more energy to digest it and also it's easier for them to get constipated when on solids and its meant to be cooled boiled water but you can't do much if she doesn't like it :)

I thought you were only meant to add drinks in when they drop a bottle feed that's what I did when I weaned jesse anyway x

I dunno, my hv said to remember to give her a bit of water between meals to help with bowel movements and hydration cos the foods will make them thirsy, I didn't question it because I had to do the same with Jack. I don't give it her unless she hasn't had a dirty nappy, I don't see the point in forcing her to have something she's not keen on to be honest x

beccaharrison89 said:
I never give Amelia water, didnt really think I had to. She's passes stools once a day anyway

Doesn't sound like she needs it then hun, its just what my hv said, but I don't do everything she tells me anyway, far from it :)

Today Amelia's had

7 am 6oz milk

10.45 baby porridge and 5.5oz milk

2.45 carrot and sweet potato purée 5.5oz milk

6.30 10oz Milk (did 7 oz bottle and had to do more)

Amelia been playing in her chair and is now on her play mat so going to try get her to bed before 9 and then dream feed her at 10.30
She has had quite a lot of sleep today as we been out a lot in car

No I never have Jack tap water til he was 1, it's awful at the best of times without giving it to him :) our water here tastes horrible x

Well I been in a&e since midnight with ted, I rang nhs direct about 11pm he woke up screaming and not opening his eyes and really cold they sent an ambulance! I'm so cold still not been seen proper yet he's asleep now and they just gunna piss him off waking him up! I'm knackered!

Back