What did your LO eat today (weaning)

mrs-s said:
Well I been in a&e since midnight with ted, I rang nhs direct about 11pm he woke up screaming and not opening his eyes and really cold they sent an ambulance! I'm so cold still not been seen proper yet he's asleep now and they just gunna piss him off waking him up! I'm knackered!

Oh my god that's awful, how scary, I hope he will be okay. Thinking of you both xx

Thanks girls, they didn't even do anything they accused me of having the house too cold!! Wtf, he had a vest on, pjs, socks, a thick padded blanket which is furry and knitted blanket, windows were shut and heating on so how is that anything to do with me that he was cold!? Maybe sitting in waiting room 3.5 hours in middle of the night when they've got all the windows open might have been why though..
He's fine now though we got sent home and he woke up at 10am for his 9am bottle and gone straight back to sleep in my bed he must be knackered poor little thing cx

Becki that was awful making a lil baby wait in the waiting rm so long, I dont mean to worry you but my cousin's lil girl died of meningitis a few mths ago cos of hospitals mistakes they sent her home and said she was teething when she was really ill. Im sure Teddy doesnt have anything like that but just keep an eye on him I know you will, but if his still not right take him back or go to a different hospital. Hope his feeling better now xx

mrs-s said:
Thanks girls, they didn't even do anything they accused me of having the house too cold!! Wtf, he had a vest on, pjs, socks, a thick padded blanket which is furry and knitted blanket, windows were shut and heating on so how is that anything to do with me that he was cold!? Maybe sitting in waiting room 3.5 hours in middle of the night when they've got all the windows open might have been why though..
He's fine now though we got sent home and he woke up at 10am for his 9am bottle and gone straight back to sleep in my bed he must be knackered poor little thing cx

Oh my god that's a disgusting attitude they had! That's awful. I'm glad he is okay now hun, I'd just keep an eye on him. Bless him xx

I usually do mixture of veg with potato, not tried Hollie with meat yet here's a few ideas.
Carrots, potato and cauliflower
Sweet potato, carrot and apple
Carrot, and parnsip.
Butternut squash and peas
Chicken carrots and brocoli
Chicken and sweet squash.

Hollie today:

9.00- 4oz of milk

12.00 banana baby cereal

1.30 4oz of milk

5.20- homemade sweet potato and carrot, fruity custard. 4oz of milk.

8.30ish- bedtime bottle- took 2oz.

Last edited:
Thanks as I'll try a few of them, I am considering putting Amelia to bed as norm tonight and not waking her for dream feed, have a look at her day and tell me what you think girls

7.30 7oz bottle

11 7 oz bottle and apple purée ( wasn't fussed as was so sweet)

2.30 10oz and carrot and sweet potato

Due to feed around 6.30-7 and will take around 7oz

Them be in bed around 8 and would norm wake to dream feed around 10.30

However I'm considering skipping the dream feed and seeing if she goes through as she has had a lot of milk today , the last few days she has been having a lot of milk on her bottles whereas before she was spreading it out over five bottles so is this Amelia letting me know she only needs four ?

Becca, amelia's day is really good you cud try her without dream feed if she's having more milk during day she might not need it as it looks like she's having around 35oz and is that hungry baby milk? but if doesnt sleep well for you tonite go back to it as it works great for her, but its up to you hun.

I added abit of water to Hollie's puree tonight it made it more creamy like the jars so it was easier for her to eat, ive got a few jars and pouches in so I might try some of those ideas myself and give her homemade one day, jar the next to give bit more varirty x

Yes she's on hungry baby , I fed her at 6.30 and so far she has taken 5.5oz and fell asleep so will hopefully wake back up in ten mins for more, if she doesn't as has still had 29.5oz today
I am jus worried that 6.30 for her last feed is to early for her to go through

I know I so indecisive ha, I have been waking her every night for last few weeks but last few days she has had 30 odd ounces after fourth bottle which is norm anytime between 6 and 8 and tonight was 6.30 so honna try hee

Will do? put Amelia down in her cot at 19.30 so will c what time we get to . Hubby in work till 11 so I gonna make most of it n get early night myself incase Amelia wakes early hours.
It's the first night Amelia's gone in her own room too tonight, feels strange without her by my side hehe

Teddy still in with us too I'll prob keep him with us til after Christmas at least maybe up to one year x

I have in freezer
Sweet potato mash
Carrot & parsnip

When he gets onto lumpier food I'm gunna make a lot more of his food so will make things like
Cauliflower and broccoli cheese (he loves the Heinz one now which has sweetpotato in too)
Shepherds pie/cottage pie
Chicken potatoes and whatever veg
Spag Bol
Tuna pasta and greenbeans
Chicken sweetcorn and mash
Fish pie
Cheesy mash/sweetpotato mash
Casseroles/stews etc
Chicken curry with coconut milk so it's not too hot
chili con carne can add some yoghurt or sour cream when you defrost to make it mild
X

He's had a funny day today with feeding as he's slept loads. He's a good temp now and has been all day no fever or no cold so seems to be on the mend

10am - 7oz

3.15 - 1/2 plum baby sweet potato and squash, 7oz

6.30 - organix apple banana and plum fruit pot, 7oz

9pm - hes just having 5oz now not sure if he have it all though

Naomi's been in her room since 10 weeks, she's such a light sleeper, stirred everytime I got up in the night, then woke when hubby's alarm went off. Would have liked her in with us a bit longer though.

I haven't really counted her bottles today I think she's had about 30oz's as my mum had her a few hours but she did have some banana cereal and some bolognaise.

Is Teddy better now? Xx

Back