What did your LO eat today (weaning)

Ah bless him, I hope he gets them soon, its awful cos you just want to take the pain for them to. He sounds a great laid back baby xx

Morning all...

Oasis -I will get those biccie pegs off to you in the morning.

Charlies brekkie this morning:- 1/2 a mango n passion fruit oat so simple, 1/2 a banana and a couple of frozen strawberries. He cleared the lot and then helped daddy with his toast and marmite lol. Its the first time he has had strawberries -I know they say wait until babies are 1 but he hasn't reacted to anything else and so far "so good".

2012-12-30 09.01.26.jpg
As I type this he is now sat being fed by daddy -1/2 fish in butter sauce with mashed carrot n swede. I have to say its one of his fave "emergency" dinners -has anyone tried the aunt bessie frozen mashed carrot/swede? I usually cook from scratch but this is great for those rushed off your feet moments.

Mrs-s -I have to say Teddy is such a cute name...

Charlie has been pretty much sleeping through since he was about 2-3 months but this last couple of weeks he has started waking up once in the night -he doesn't cry or anything he just stands up and starts "mmmmmmmmm-ing" which what he does when he is hungry -so at the moment hubby is lifting him into bed for a 10min feed and then he is zonked and goes back in his cot again..... heck knows why this has started but on the upside it means he is sleeping in a little later (very good news for hubby as he does the early mornings ;)).... when he wakes up he gets lifted onto the bed for another badooby feed whilst daddy is in the bathroom and then daddy takes him downstairs and I get a bit more sleep :D.

ooooh the little man has finished most of his lunch and has gone to sleep -so he is snoozing in his rocking chair -which is great because we are off to my brothers in a bit (only across the road), so the little man has had a bath, been fed and watered and having a snooze -which means he should be on top form later ;).
Right -enough waffle from me...hope everyone is well and has had a god nights sleep..

Iv not heard that about strawberries, ted has had them loads of times, we only avoid honey, and eggs because of the allergy history in our family, and the one time he had some he came out in a rash!

I love the carrot and swede mash I have it myself, and teddy likes it lol! Not sure whats for lunch yet, he had cheese on toast and tomatoes for breakfast x

Iv not heard that about strawberries, ted has had them loads of times, we only avoid honey, and eggs because of the allergy history in our family, and the one time he had some he came out in a rash!

I love the carrot and swede mash I have it myself, and teddy likes it lol! Not sure whats for lunch yet, he had cheese on toast and tomatoes for breakfast x

Hi there

They reckon that strawberries can cause allergic reactions in babies or make them more prone to allergies.... he has no reaction and I guess lots won't -they are just being extra cautious.
oooh I know what I forgot earlier.... Charlie doesn't do yoghurt/fromage frais... he eats them fine and loves them but then he brings it all back up :confused: -its odd as he loves milk/dairy its just those that don't seem to agree - he loves muller rice too -I make my own rice pud but mullers are great to keep at mammas etc or on stand by here. Little oinky pants has been known to eat a full one on several occasions :eek:

Ted isn't a sicky baby really, my oldest had reflux til 18 months and used to be sick 10-20 times a day, our house always smelled like sick lol!
They only thing teddy hasn't been keen on is my shepherds pie, but I put a lot of garlic in it so I think that might be why as its quite strongly flavoured. He loves green veg like spinach and broccoli though. Jesse was always very fussy and still is but ted seems to like anything that's put in front of him! x

Today teddy had

7oz follow on milk

B - 1/2 slice of cheese and tomatoes on toast, 1/2 clementine

L - cauliflower and broccoli cheese, organix biscuit, couple of Ella's raspberry and vanilla puffits

3pm - 7oz milk

D - 1/2 Heinz apple and pork casserole, fromage frais

Bedtime - 7oz milk

Hey Ladies, welcome back Capricorn, Charlie's a clever little boy :) there's only a week between him and Hollie.

I was up all night with Hollie till about 5am, really unlike her she was screaming her head off all night tried everything to calm her but nothing worked so been dosing her up with nurofen today seems to be helping, she's gone off her food and milk she's been unwell since Christmas!

So today she's had:

Lunch time- a few spoons of yogurt

Tea time- carrots and broccoli - just a nibble on them.

Bedtime - 6oz

Teddy's doing great almost crawling! xx

Ps Capricorn you've done so well with the breastfeeding! I really wish we could've got the hang of it but teddy just lost too much weight and ended up in hospital! We only managed 6 weeks x

Good evening ladies

Well Charlies menu ended up like this:-

• 1/2 oat so simple with 1/2 banana and strawberries
  • a bit of daddies toast n marmite
  • 1/2 fish in butter sauce with mashed potato, swede n carrot
  • a taste of xmas cake (he loves dried fruit)
  • about 4 spoons of spinach n ricotta quiche filling
  • roast pork chopped up with mashed potato, carrot, cauli n broccoli
  • 1/2 muller rice apple
  • and a few segments of clementine...
  • oooh and some pear n apple juice let down with water..

I would like to think he is done with the solids now as he should soon be asking for badooby and then hopefully its off to bed with him.....
That does look like quite a lot written down :eek:..... still he lets me know when he has had enough so I will let him get on with it,,,,

Mr-S -6 weeks was still good for the little fella so don't think "only" 6 weeks -he got the important stuff when he needed it there were times when I didn't think we were going to last... when we were in hospital I had flat nipples and he was a sleepy baby so he ended up having ickle bits expressed in a cup or a syringe until I put my foot down and expressed into bottles -then we had a song and dance because I was struggling to express enough.... then we went on to just expressing for when we were out but he started being sick even using anti colic bottles -now I just badooby him -If Im going somewhere like family I feed him upstairs if he needs it but now he is on solids I just try and boob feed him just before we go out and he can often be satisfied with solids until we are home -then he is a full on badooby boy lol.
A few days a go he started biting with his one ickle tooth :eek: .... luckily we figured it was him letting me know that NO I don't want badooby... its so easy to just offer them the boob when they are grizzly (he doesn't have a dummy) and now I know he will make it quite clear if he doesn't want the boob lol..... so now he has to "ask" -he either makes "mmmmmmm" noises -if his hand is in his mouth he wants solids and if its not its milk he wants...or failing that he will climb up and either pull my top or suck anypart of me he can reach :p and so far it seems to have solved the problem.

Breast feeding isn't always as straight forward as we assume is it!!! You just think it will be natural and gawd it can be anything but....

Cas -hope Hollie and you have a better nights sleep tonight and she is feeling better

Sorry but I just have to post these..they are very blurry but they make me smile...
2012-12-18 19.27.59.jpg
If I flap hard enough I WILL take off!!
2012-12-18 19.27.45.jpg
Practicing my ice skating!!!
2012-12-18 19.27.52.jpg
"who me? -I know nothing"

Aww those pictures are so sweet! He has soo much hair! My oldest always had loads but ted is bald lol!

Here's ted mastering the pincer grip today and also sitting up very well now x

Attachments

• image-1509397155.jpg
    image-1509397155.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 68
  • image-3717565790.jpg
    image-3717565790.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 47
All the babies are absolutely lush, Jessie love Amelia's outfit. I'm glad were all still in touch after the birth of our babies just wish we didn't live so far apart from each other xx

When I was on another forum when Jesse was little we did a big meet up in London, cus most people where from south,
Where is everyone again? I'm in west Yorkshire x

When I was on another forum when Jesse was little we did a big meet up in London, cus most people where from south,
Where is everyone again? I'm in west Yorkshire x

I'm Northumberland. I think your closest to me :) x

Teddys had today

B - heinz apple pear a custard (we were about to go shopping)

L - 1/2 stage 2 Heinz chicken curry and a fromage frais

D - salmon broccoli and mash, some grapes

Had 2 7oz milk will have another 7oz before bed x

Back