What do i do now?!

clairex

Silver Member
I'm feeling SO frustrated. Tonight was my first meeting with my CDC, was feeling v postive about it all and excited to get it all going. My BMI is very very high so knew I would have to go to the Drs. When I told my CDC who my practice were she said they have a policy that they NEVER sign cambridge diet forms. What am i supposed to do now!!

So is that it? Change doctors or don't do the CD?

So frustrating...maybe i should just get fatter and fatter and get BP problems and type 2 diabetes. Is that what they want?! :(

First off, don't panic. :hug99: I know it's frustrating, but all isn't lost.

Worse case scenario - you'd need to do the 1200 plan until your BMI gets to 40, and then you could do SS from there onwards.

But you don't know for sure that your doctor is going to say no. The practice might well have a 'policy', but that doesn't mean that individual doctors won't be persuaded that you have a good case.

Make an appointment to see your doctor and explain just how desperate you are to do something about shedding the excess weight. In the meantime, there's no reason why you shouldn't start reducing calories and get started. If anything, it'll show your doctor that you're committed to doing this.

How high is your BMI, if you don't mind me asking?

Well I just rang them - and apparently the form has changed, so they are happy do it. Appararently they have recently added 'Your signature does not endorse any cambridge product'. They are charging me £15 for the privilage but im so happy i dont care! wahooooo!

Thanks girls :) and my BMI is 51.5....EEK! how embarassing!! haha.

xxx

clairex said:
Well I just rang them - and apparently the form has changed, so they are happy do it. Appararently they have recently added 'Your signature does not endorse any cambridge product'. They are charging me £15 for the privilage but im so happy i dont care! wahooooo!

Thanks girls :) and my BMI is 51.5....EEK! how embarassing!! haha.

xxx

Yay! There you go, problem solved. :). Annoying about the £15 though.

And don't worry about that BMI - it'll come hurtling down once you get started on Cambridge. :hug99:

Hi Claire!

My BMI started out at 52!! Bad I know!!! I started on feb 16th had a few hiccoughs on the way but I'm now 3 stone down and my BMI is currently 43! So don't worry about it, it'll cone down really quick! X

Wow, well done Emma1904 you have done really well! x

I had a very high BMI too. My drs charged me £20 also. Don't forget its not a permission slip just a form to confirm what you have said about your medical condition is correct. My dr said "its a hell of a diet" and I replied "its a hell of a BMI!" I fully intend to go back when I have lost more weight and tell him how sucessful it is and maybe charging half of a weeks supply to sign a form is not a good idea! Jayne x

flab fighter said:
I had a very high BMI too. My drs charged me £20 also. Don't forget its not a permission slip just a form to confirm what you have said about your medical condition is correct. My dr said "its a hell of a diet" and I replied "its a hell of a BMI!" I fully intend to go back when I have lost more weight and tell him how sucessful it is and maybe charging half of a weeks supply to sign a form is not a good idea! Jayne x

Love your response it's hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

in the past when i was told there was a charge for a form to be signed i just pretended i had forgotten my purse when i picked it up and they had forgotten by the next time i went to see the doc, lol

in the past when i was told there was a charge for a form to be signed i just pretended i had forgotten my purse when i picked it up and they had forgotten by the next time i went to see the doc, lol

Ooooh sneaky but smart (love it)!!

Ooooh sneaky but smart (love it)!!

i just dont see why we should be charged for trying to help ourselfs. do they charge people for putting them on weightloss medication (not prescription costs) or for reffering them for bariatric surgery? cambridge is expensive enough as it is and we pay those costs ourselfs

I totally agree with you Claire, the nhs spends a fortune giving people gastric bands etc and we pay for Cambridge ourselves so it's pretty ridiculous that they charge to sign a form to say you can do it. I've never had to do it myself because my bmi was fine when I started Cambridge but I think its really unfair that they charge people who are clearly taking steps to loose dramatic amounts of weight and thus using less of the nhs's money for certain meds etc that they may need due to their weight! It's really stupid of them when you think about it...

It's just because its not an NHS service to sign private forms. You're paying for the Dr's time, eating into time when they could be doing NHS work such as referrals and appointments. Most of the time they have to get your paper notes out of filing and go through them, make sure you're 100% ok to do it, which can be quite time consuming. I didn't really mind paying the £15. It'll be worth it! :)

Back