What do I say...

clare77

To all the people who are telling me..

'That diet can't be good for you' and
'You'll put the weight back on just as quick!'

They are doing my head in!!!
xxx

I would just ignore them .....they are probably jealous and dont understand about the diet and its refeed and maintenance.....be strong and show them you can do it.

Wow there is some intersting stuff on there!
I'm going to email the LT haters now to prove em wrong lol
It was funny that they all said this on dinner while I was sipping my water as they were all stuffing their faces with sandwiches and pasta!
Thanks Mini and Sonkie :)
xxx

Hun just stick two fingers up at them when you look great! I have had sooooo many people say that to me but they are swallowing their words now!
Tx

Just pop over to the maintenance section and see how well some are doing at maintaining.

Personally, I did put back a lot of weight on but that's just because I went straight back to my old stupid eating habits so it was bound to happen. Totally my own fault and nothing to do with the diet.

I have learned a lot since then so hopefully wont do it this time. I want this to be the last time for LT.

Tell them to wind their necks in cos they don't know what they're talking about!

Hi Clare tell them they have no right to comment on things they don't understand. They are probably stuffing themselves full of crap and toxins everyday. Unless they eat fresh fruit, vegetables, fish and lean meat every day in the correct quantities ensuring they consume the correct amount of nutrients then they are probably a lot unhealthier than you right now.

It irks me that people who know nothing think they are the experts grrr!

You are doing brilliantly well done xxx

Ignore them hun - if you refeed and do the maintenance programme at the end you won't put it back on. It's all about changing bad habits for new ones - prove them wrong! x

Say yes you might be right, but your going to do it anyway. Some people are just jealous cos your going to be healthier and they havent got your willpower. Sod em.

This will always happen when people do not understand. Just explain that this is a medically supervised diet for those with a BMI over 25. It is nutritionally balanced. Yes, you will put weight back on after this OR any other diet if you do not change your eating habits after TFR.
Explain to your friends that you have not done this lightly and intend to change your own habits and would appreciate their support in this journey.

I'd say it's jealousy...and the best reply is to smile and carry on...whilst watching them eat their words as you get slimmer and slimmer. Last time I had people telling me that it was bad for me etc. Well... I lost 4 stone. And yeah I've put some back...but not all of it. And isn't doing something about your weight better than doing nothing!?

Sod 'em hun- you know what you're doing is working. 9lbs in a week? Hard to argue with hey?!

xx

I've told them all now what you guys have said and they soon shut up lol! When I told one of the 'know it alls' in work how much weight I had lost she nearly choked on her bacon butty hehe!
I'll show em :D
xxx

What idiots. Send em over to the maintainence section on this site and tell them the proof is there!!!!!

Also, you used to only be able to get LT via your doctors so, can't be that bad for ya can it! blinkin fools!!!! :giggle:

Back