What do most people lose per week?

fiojam

Focused & goin for goal!
I lost 4lbs last week and was wondering what people usually lose per week. Is 3-4lbs every week achievable?

What is your average?

yup...3 is my happy number. on average weight loss is about 1 stone per month if you are doing foundation but it depends on how much weight you have to lose to start off with and how much water you drink!

For me its one week 1lb and then another week 4-5lb - it really depends as our bodies are contrary things - but if you AVERAGE my weight loss it works out bang on 3.5lb per week.

I always feel disapointed when i loose 3lbs, this is my second time with a 3lbs loss, but i should really be happy, my average had been between 4 and 6lbs, maybe this is because i have a lot to loose.

soooo the science of this diet goes like this.

It takes a 3500 calorie deficit to burn 1lb of fat. SO ...for instance if you require 2000 calories a day to maintain your weight, by reducing your calorie intake by 500 each day, you will loose 1lb per week. On this diet, we are taking in about 500 calories per day...so a deficit each day of approx 1500 calories, so a total week deficit of 10,500 ish calories which divides to 3lbs of fat.

We are taking in slightly less than 3lbs so you might get a 3lb loss.

Larger people have to eat a larger number of calories to maintain their weight so the deficit is larger, therefore in general the smaller you get, the less your loss each week.

Hi there,
I'm only in week 5 but so far it seems to work out at around 3-4lbs a week (or I think of it as a pound every other day!).
Saying that though, I had my period last week and I only lost 2lbs - my LLC said it was probably just my period so I am hoping this week will be better...according to my scales I've lost 3 so far so fingers crossed for a big loss week!!!
Generally though, in my group, the more you have to loose the larger the losses and then it dwindles as you get closer to ideal bmi.
Good luck this week everyone !! Hx

i had a fab first week...lost 13 pounds! then exactly 3 per week after that!

Just to throw a bit of controversy into the works, my average is 4.4lbs per week, one week I had 2.6 then had 5.8 the next... another I had an out of the blue 5.9lbs with no less than my average in the weeks before or after...

I'm in week 12 now and still average at about 4.4, and even though I lose about 20lbs in a month my rate of weight loss hasn't changed.

Also, I've had weeks where I've drank 5-6litres a day, and weeks where I've struggled for more than 3 a day... and the weight loss hasn't been affected in the least.

I guess the key is everyone's different!

When I did it last time I averaged 5lbs a week-then I started struggling and cheating and was more like 2 lbs a week.I'm hoping of course to have 5lbs a week weight losses again but even if it is only 3 lbs a week it's still more than any other kind of diet and a stone a month is great :)

I'm on Day 33 - the first week I lost a massive 11lbs (probably water), week 2 - 7lbs, week 3 - 2lbs :((TOTM) and last week - 6lbs - next weigh in on Thursday - so its difficult to say - although the average over 4 weeks has been 6.5lbs although I am expecting this to slow down - I have a lot to lose though! (about 8 stone)

Thanks for all the encouragement x

In week 6 just now. Massive 11lb's in week 1 but nothing surprised me more than losing 8lb's on the week I had my period. I wasn't expecting that at all! It made me very suspicious of my councellor's scales! Happy with a 4lb weekly loss average :cool:

Average weight loss

I'm a bit confused. It was my understanding that people on LL can expect substantial weight losses each week - I know people who lose 3lbs a week on WW and they can eat 'real food'.

I'm a bit confused. It was my understanding that people on LL can expect substantial weight losses each week - I know people who lose 3lbs a week on WW and they can eat 'real food'.

No, not each week. Everyone will have good and bad weeks. But the AVERAGE losses are MUCH higher.

Weight loss with LL is also faster, and you will continue to lose if you stick to the programme. Whereas with WW, you will plato alot quicker.

I have had weeks where I have lost only 1lb but then the next week lost half a stone!!!

I also find no temptation is the key with LL.

I know i can and must only have my 4 packs. There is no decisions to be made which would tempt me to treat me etc. I have my 4 packs each day, drink my 6 litres (4 is required) of water, and have lost 5 and a half stone in just over 11 weeks.

Now that is what I call AMAZING!!!

Would never have achieved that with Weight Watchers, I would have given myself extra points and not controlled it at all... at least this way I know what I'm allowed :)

Welcome to the forums. Lighter Life will CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

and you are GUARENTEED to lose if you stick to it....

:)

Make sure you keep us updated with how you're getting on!!!

Fatpossum yes you can lose 3lb on weight watchers but the next weeks you're likely to lose 1 or .5 or stay the same or even put on. I did ww and stuck to it completely, went to the gym at least 4 times a week and lost 48lb in 7 or 8 months ---- with LL I've been doing it for 8 weeks religously and have been to the gym once or twice a week (sometimes none) and have lost 40lb ..... and this has been so so much easier.

Cath

Why?

I went to the first weigh in last night and was disappointed to find that I had lost only 9 pounds - no need to tell me that was great, I know that in the grand scheme of things its good but............................

I was really disappointed to discover that everyone else (apart from one woman who also lost 9lbs.) lost more than me - 11lbs, 15lbs and even 17lbs!!!!!

The only person who lost less than me was a little old lady who admitted to scoffing cherry cake earlier in the week (I thinks she may have had a few other little treats too!) I had been the epitome of virtue and drank water as though there was to be a drought and get stuck with only 9. :sigh:

I have had an underactive thyroid gland for many years and am on a high dose of medication to compensate- does anyone know whether a thyroid problem is likely to be a cause of what I see as a disappointing first week weight loss?

I went to the first weigh in last night and was disappointed to find that I had lost only 9 pounds - no need to tell me that was great, I know that in the grand scheme of things its good but............................

I was really disappointed to discover that everyone else (apart from one woman who also lost 9lbs.) lost more than me - 11lbs, 15lbs and even 17lbs!!!!!

The only person who lost less than me was a little old lady who admitted to scoffing cherry cake earlier in the week (I thinks she may have had a few other little treats too!) I had been the epitome of virtue and drank water as though there was to be a drought and get stuck with only 9. :sigh:

I have had an underactive thyroid gland for many years and am on a high dose of medication to compensate- does anyone know whether a thyroid problem is likely to be a cause of what I see as a disappointing first week weight loss?

Hi fatpossum,

Welcome to Minimins!

Well, I wouldn't compare myself to other people because everyone is different. I don't know how much you have to lose but apparently, the larger you are, the bigger loss in the first week.

I too am hypothyroid for a few years now and am on 100g of thyroxine but we know that no two individuals are same. I wouldn't think that our condition could be a cause of small first week weight loss. I lost 12lbs in the first week which shocked me. I didn't expect it, not only because of my condition but also because I had no idea that I could lose this much in the first week.

I think we should be happy because our thyroid disorder makes it soooo hard to lose weight with other conventional diets. I have tried and gave up! I have been with WW twice (admittedly, long before I was diagnosed as hypothyroid) but LL really works!!!!

Even if you lose 9lbs in the first week, it does not mean you will have small losses in the next few weeks. It varies with everyone. Some people lose 1lb a week, while others lose more and vice versa. So try not to compare yourself with other people. There were times when I lost 2lbs like the other week, I was so disappointed but had to see the big picture. Last week, I lost 6.6lbs!

I am week 12 - and I have lost over 4 stones! Two weeks before the end of Foundation! Now, that is amazing!!!

Keep going! :)

Back