What do the meals look like? and what can you with them?

Is the oatmeal cookies from slim and save?- everyone is talking about it but i didnlt see it when ordering - looks delish

Tara made the oatmeal cookie from a S&S porridge pack kirst. There are instructions further up the page. You can also make a 'brownie' from a choc shake pack and I tried that and it was quite nice but mine definitely wasn't up to being photographed :).

It's a recipe using the oatmeal pack! mix the pack with a little water and form into a cookie shake then microwave. I tend to do it for 10 seconds, others a little longer. You can add cinnamon or nutmeg or something like that! Really nice on a cold morning, just drink extra water while you eat to dilute it....

Ooops, x-post!

I really like the brownie but some people say it leaves them hungrier than on a shake so its hit and miss.... same recipe as the cookie, pretty much!

Yours was more informative than my post moosh :). Reckon tara and her presentation skills should prepare and photograph the brownie. Mine looked like a mishapen mess on the plate (tasted good tho!). No more chocolate shakes left here so I can't make anymore which is probably just as well as it did make me hungry for some reason.

I've started doing brownies with all my shakes! I have vanilla, caramel (like that the least though), choc and crispy choc! I make them now with a bit extra water so they are a bit mushier and eat with a spoon!

Hi, I just wanted to say I love this thread and found it really useful when trying to decide if S&S was for me. Please keep it going, I promise to try and upload a few pics once I start to get creative too :)

spicy spag bol , broccoli and mushrooms

Thankyou for starting this thread

Im going to photograph all my meals and post them on here as a form of distraction when im struggling

sorry its similar to your first one but i guess theres a limited amount of options , ill try something different tomoro :D

Attachments

• 100_2369.jpg
    100_2369.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 998
It's different from Tara's Phoenix - it's spag bol over broccoli with a mushroom garnish, whereas Tara's was chilli with added mushrooms and broccoli on the side :D

Porridge with 2 tsp bran

made with water , some milk poured over , I dont normally eat it from a plastic plate but thought it looked better with the coloured background

i make it with more water than stated , it actually makes quite a good sized portion

does look a bit like a big pile of very odd coloured poo lol , but i love it :D

Attachments

• 100_2373.jpg
    100_2373.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 786
Maple Bar , before and after dissection

funny how you can make it seem much, much more by increasing surface area ;)

the plates are the same size btw

Attachments

• 100_2372.jpg
    100_2372.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 912
  • 100_2371.jpg
    100_2371.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 901
Hi, I am on exante but just having a browse! Are the meals nice, all three of them and can you really add veg to these. I am about ready to order my next month and thought of trying s and s for month two? Any suggestions or thoughts?
BTW great thread, loved the pictures, that is why I am thinking of moving to this. I know we cant mix more than one VLCD so want to make a decision in the next few days.
Julia

Well I don't like the cottage pie but the spag bol and chilli more than make up for that (for me), and yes you can add the veg (certain veggies are on the allowed list). Best bet is to order a few samples and try them out. I think you can add all of the meals to your basket as samples (or so someone said - I've been on this since before samples were available).

I think the porridge looks lovely lol looks like the oat so simple ones, i got a sample of it to try in with my order as i enjoy a porridge anytime of the day.

Brilliant thread btw gives you an idea of portion size and how appetizing they look :)

porridge takes a bit of practice to get right , but now I have I love it and have it every day , sometimes twice , i have it with 2 teaspoons of bran , it keeps me regular and thickens it up a little too , tastes the same whether made with water or milk so i save the milk for one white coffee per day

the bran will add carbs of course so not recommending it , but I think its worth it

I love the spag bol , and usually have it poured over a raw salad of spinach , rocket , mushrooms , courgettes and celery

also love the chilli and usually have this with mushrooms

used to like the cottage pie , gone off it a bit , but you can make it nicer by adding something to it , its good to experiment , i liked it with soy sauce and also worcester sauce

the crispy cereals are nice as a thick shake , or frozen as a dessert

The shakes are very adaptable , Im loving the caramel at the moment and vanilla with a spoon of coffee

good luck , hope you like it

Will be defo doing the caramel hot with coffee as we love lattes so might help curb a craving there.

The raw salad sounds yummy too with the spag bol sounds healthy lol.
Good way of getting some healthy greens in to you something i normally wouldn't have every day but on this diet i shall be endevouring to have most nights with dinner the allowed amount.

I had the chilli last night, divided into little bits and wrapped in iceberg lettuce. I just ate it with my fingers and it was kind of like having taco shells (without the shells, and cheese of course!). I really enjoyed it!

Back