What do the meals look like? and what can you with them?

Just wanted to say this is my favourite thread, I will and try and post some photos of what I do with the packs.

Darn it i had a soup for lunch only occured to me now to take a pics fgs.....head like a sieve...right next one is a pic....it doesn't look much but oh my the soup is filling!!!

Do you add some of the veggies to your soup? I thought of doing that but haven't had a soup in months.

I would like to add veggies but i don't have a blender, but then again mushrooms chopped finely would be nice a little garlic salt hmmm might just try that next then make it look really lovely then take a pic.

I think when the curry soup comes out i will use that as a sauce for veggies(broc and cauliflower drool)....i simply cannot wait to taste curry oh yum hurry up 2 weeks lol and add some chicken and we can have chicken and veg curry....i really hope it's nice am getting my hopes up :D

OH decided to have a soup for lunch as well so here is a pic of his, this is it made up to show the amount, colour etc.

I will do another with some veg in one day unless someone beats me to it hehe:D

http://
P1030195.jpg

Is that the chicken one or the veg? So long since I had a soup. I thought that some of the veg finely chopped might be ok, and good old Heinz veg soup has lumps of veg in it. Leeks, mushrooms, shallot, pepper, cauli, broccoli, asparagus might be ok in it?

Looks like the chicken one. I can't wait for the curry flavour either! Good Idea to make it into a sauce for veg's! Yum it's making me drool thinking about it! xx

Is that the chicken one or the veg? So long since I had a soup. I thought that some of the veg finely chopped might be ok, and good old Heinz veg soup has lumps of veg in it. Leeks, mushrooms, shallot, pepper, cauli, broccoli, asparagus might be ok in it?

Yes, I've added a range of all those veges to chicken, mushroom and veg soups. So, so filling too. Black pepper tastes good in there too. I rather fancy adding my veges chunky - not sure I'd enjoy it as much blended :)

Thanks BG and Maka the leeks sound lovely in it yum, it is the chicken soup in the pic, not thought of adding black pepper i seem to like it how it is and find it very filling.

Tara i am with you there re: the curry soup, it sounds too good to be true!

What i would love is if Rob managed to get like mousse deserts(like CD has) a nice fruity mousse or rich choc one, that was easy to make to have somedays just for a diff texture/flavour in the mouth.

With this diet you really have to experiment with diff ways to spice things up or cook/add veg/protein......i am enjoying it!

Next chicken soup will be a chunky "heinz veg soup" style ;) me thinks.

For those who haven't tried the chicken soup i will try my best to explain it: It is quite thick in consistency(little thicker than heinz), substantial i would say, it is very savoury and has a flavour that is a cross between chicken cuppa soup(the creamy one) and chicken supernoodles(best i can think off) it doesn't look a lot when made but it is filling and does fill the hot savoury lunch gap!

Mushroom soup is in cupboard in the form of a sample pack that is next on my list.

Yea thts the one, a friend who is on CD says they are fab, but i just fancy the idea of a mousse.

I just dry fried one shallot and one mushroom with lots of black pepper and a little garlic salt and then added the mushroom soup. Was nice and thick and meant i needed to use a bowl and spoon as opposed to just drinking it from a mug. I'll be doing that again for sure!

I am going to do the stuffed pepper tonight with the chilli, I will try and take a photo of it and upload it on here before eating it.
J

Hi everyone, i'm been lurking for a little while and just received my Slim and Save packs today including the spaghetti pack. I cannot believe how delicious and filling it was! Have been miserable of CD milkshakes for a while but joining Slim and Save has saved my diet!!

Anyway, my question is; what are the crispy milkshakes like? and why are they called crispy? Has anyone tasted the CD soups and are they similar to Slim and Saves?

Hope someone can help. Congratulations to you all on your amazing losses, hope I can achieve the same!

theyve got little crispy bits in them , like rice crispies i suppose but not much , just enough to add a different texture i guess

i didnt read the instructions and made mine up as i would a shake ,with water , but i think you are supposed to add milk to it and a lesser amount so that its thick like a pudding and you eat it with a spoon

good luck with slim and save

and if you like the spag bol hopefully you will like the chilli too

The crispy shakes are amazing, ive had the vanilla one today i just mixed it with a little water and had it like an angel delight mouse consistancy, do drink plenty fo water with it if your doing it that way as its very rich but yumy! going to buy some of the chocolate ones next week!

I think I should start a wee receipe book for the ideas on here. There brilliant. Ii went out and bought the gelatine to make the mousse and the picture of the chilli, chicken and salad looked so yummy! Although the programme tells you what else you can eat sometimes its hard to think of what to do so thanks to everyone who took the time to post their ideas xx

Next time I think I'm just ordering 'crispy shakes' I can leave the other shakes. I love having the crispy ones for a pudding I eat it with a spoon. Nom Nom x

Hey Laurie would having jus the 1 type of shake not bore you? Altho the crispy 1s are lovely must try it like that

Back