What do the meals look like? and what can you with them?

TaraTeal

Silver Member
Hello,

I thought it would be a nice idea to post photos of my tea, a chilli mealpack made up with mushrooms and broccoli.

When I started this diet a week or so ago, I had no idea of what to expect from the products, I though it might be helpful for people to see what meals you can make and what other receipes people can come up with. So I posted a pic on my diary, one of the other forum members (bordersgirl) suggested making a new thread and asking for it to be a sticky!

I tried the cinnamon oat cookie earlier for the first time and I liked it, its actually a good way to have your morning oatmeal on the go! I will post a pic of that tomorrow morning as planning to have it for breakfast!

Anyway, here is my tea from tonight. Chilli with a bit of garlic, mixed herbs and mushrooms with broccoli on the side! Felt like a proper meal and filled me up! Also I am not a fan of 'real' chilli and much prefer this! xxx

Attachments

• SAM_0487.jpg
    SAM_0487.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 1,898
Looks lovely! I tend to do mine in a wee little bowl so it looks like there's more! And I don't have the veg though the broccoli looks very appealing. Looking forward to further pics, I'd like to see how you do them!

Looks lovely! I tend to do mine in a wee little bowl so it looks like there's more! And I don't have the veg though the broccoli looks very appealing. Looking forward to further pics, I'd like to see how you do them!

Usually have mine in a bowl too, but thought I'd stick this one on a small plate. It actually looked appetising, my OH even leaned over and looked like he wanted to try it. I gave him a tiny bit to try with a mushroom and he said it was lovely.

I hven't ordered any of the chilli but my second monthly order will def include it!

I just ordered some of the chilli too :). It's as nice as the spag bol I think and I'm glad of the variety since I don't like the cottage pie.

I don't want to try the cottage pie, but would if they sent me a free sample, that's why I tried the chilli, I was very suprised how flavoursome it is and the thickness of the sauce. Makes the diet more bearable! x

Wow that looks yummy, I can't wait to try the meals. After reading everyone's posts, I'm going to buy some reduced salt boullion to add some flavour to them. You could also drinking as a soup on its own.

Thanks TaraT, that does look good and I have been having issues over whether to introduce these meals or not, so the piccy is very helpful! Can you remind me of the calorie / carb content of the diet meals? Are they similar to the shakes and soups (130-135 cals approx).

I can't post it from the phone but there is a link to the nutritional info in the FAQ sticky. They're around the same as the shakes tho. Plus the veg of course.

Thanks TaraT, that does look good and I have been having issues over whether to introduce these meals or not, so the piccy is very helpful! Can you remind me of the calorie / carb content of the diet meals? Are they similar to the shakes and soups (130-135 cals approx).

I have the calories in front of me, so here goes:

Chilli - 135 cal
Spag Bol - 136 cal
Coattage pie - 135 cal

Thanks Maka! How on earth do they do this? I hope it's legit? I mean how can something so thick and chunky be so low in cals/carbs. I suppose its soya and other thickening agents but wow, it is incredible that the carb/cal value is sooo low in the meals in particular. I think we are at the start of a boom in this kind of diet product, I really do. When I first heard of the VLCD type diet some years ago now, there was only the Cambridge and I think maybe Herbalife, which was similar but included food? Now there are around 6 or 7 VLCD options in the UK alone and heaps more in the US. But still, there's a lot of people who haven't heard of this type of diet. Once it gets even more 'known' I'm sure it will take off. Just hope the prices stay 'sane'. Pauline Quirke has a lot to answer for (in a good way) as her front and centre role on that soap really got the word out.

Thanks Maka! How on earth do they do this? I hope it's legit? I mean how can something so thick and chunky be so low in cals/carbs. I suppose its soya and other thickening agents but wow, it is incredible that the carb/cal value is sooo low in the meals in particular. I think we are at the start of a boom in this kind of diet product, I really do. When I first heard of the VLCD type diet some years ago now, there was only the Cambridge and I think maybe Herbalife, which was similar but included food? Now there are around 6 or 7 VLCD options in the UK alone and heaps more in the US. But still, there's a lot of people who haven't heard of this type of diet. Once it gets even more 'known' I'm sure it will take off. Just hope the prices stay 'sane'. Pauline Quirke has a lot to answer for (in a good way) as her front and centre role on that soap really got the word out.

I had heard of Lighter life and cambridge but had not heard of these vlcd options like exante or slim and save, until these forums. I was lurking around whilst doing slimming world, plodding along on that and looked at some inspiration photos, and noticed a remarkable trend in the amount using vlcds.

So I looked on these message boards and was originally going to try exante and the site would'nt work the day I placed my order, so thought back to one womans post about ordering slim and save products. Had a browse and decided to go for it. Sooo glad I did it, and I never entered this wedding body blitz thinking I could reach my goal, or that I would use a vlcd but here I am. More confident and determined than ever to get to that goal.

I do however know the importance of maintaining afterwards, how much hard work it is. This seems to be the real challenge for people. I fully intend to still use minimins for as long as possible, when I am done slimming and well into maintaining. This site really works wonders xx

I found the forum on a search for VLCD. I had no idea how to order this from where I live, as I'd really only heard of Cambridge, LL or LT and knew that their products are only (?) sold by their agents/counsellors which meant I couldn't use these diets. I now have 5 other pals shipping in S & S products (with some LCM products too) which is brilliant on different levels. We have a pals network here for those 'off' days plus we can swap products we don't like. The word is spreading S & S-ers!

Already posted this on my diary, but this is the cinnamon oat cookie and its yum, make sure to use sweetener that doesn't contain aspartame though if you fancy a sprinkle on the top, makes it a bit more appealing xxx

Attachments

• SAM_0560.jpg
    SAM_0560.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 1,223
How do you do the cookie Tara? Looks yummy :) xx

I just put my oatmeal into a small bowl, add few drops of water from the tap (I find it best to add a tiny bit then mix and keep adding until I get the right consistency) Mix well until it forms a doh type mess! I sprinkle in some cinnamon and then mix again, and pop onto a small plate, smooth with a spoon and make it flat, pop in the microwave, I do it for 30 seconds on a medium high heat, but keep checking every few seconds as it's easy to overdo it x

It was a receipe originally posted by someone else on here, there are two threads, one for a choc brownie and one for cookie x

Back