what do u have for breakfast?

I usally have porridge with milk and a few raisins or golden syrup ,2 crumpets with low fat spread and jam . weekends I have a cooked brekkie bacon poached egg tinned tomatoes and ww bread :D

right so this last week for breakfast... i had a spesh k bar in the car and 6 almonds. then at work i have frosted shredded wheat. seems like a good combination, not hungry mid morning!

Couldn't agree more with nexangelus... we too readily put 'good' and 'bad' labels on food as if nutrition is black and white. It isn't. When you find you've dug your way though half a jar of crunchy peanut butter, then it's problem.

I believe Sainsburys do porridge oats with bran, so that they don't just sit on your stomach.

Same thing every day - a boiled egg with a little Benecol (I've got hereditary high cholesterol), and a grapefruit with a little sugar on. And a cup of tea with milk. I count all that as 200 calories.

how long till u feel peckish???

i have a hard boiled egg, activa yoghurt, an sometimes a banana, but my break at 11am im feeling a lil hungry, cant work out if its routine of break = food, or i need something in my tummy

I try not to go longer than three hours without a meal or a snack. If I get hungry I quickly cave in. If I'm going out I try to take a snack with me - it's like looking after a big toddler really.

Last edited:
during the week i have 2 weetabix with skimmed milk (warmed up in the microwave for 1 1/2 mins) yummers with a chopped banana. or i have shredded wheat or porridge with a banana (also done in the microwave) i find that a warm breakfast fills me up for longer, and these all work out at around 300 cals.

if i get peckish mid morning, which, to be honest is mainly due to boredom, i have some strawberries, a pot of sugar free jelly or a slim-a-soup.

at the weekends i have a bowl of crunchy muesli that i buy ready made from a local health food shop - then i add goji berries, cocoa nibs, chopped dried dates and sultanas. i'll either have it with semi skimmed milk or mix in a muller light yog. it does take the cals up to around 400-450 but it's totally worth it - soooo tasty and keeps me full until around 2-3pm. yummers. i love weekend breakfast!

I have a banana when i get to work at 7am when im on earlies then that's it until my first break when i have a alpen light bar or fruit. Low cals :)

Some of you have some tasty breakfasts! Weekdays I have two slices of wholemeal toast with Olivio spread and a cup of tea.

Weekends, I have a poached egg on one slice of wholemeal toast and a cup of tea.

Both approx 225(ish) calories.

today i had a hard boiled egg at home at 7ish, then yoghurt at work at 8ish.
break at 11, was about to eat a cookie [oat so simple 181cals] and realised i wasnt hungry, but thought lunch isnt until 1 so ill have half.
lunch had a packet of crisp and turkey wrap.
in car on way home has a baby bell and banana at 5.
dinner had turkey, brocilly, couliflower and 5 new potaotes. yummy

and this post is about breakfast so i have no idea why i just wrote that all, but seeing as i have will now hit the post button

and this post is about breakfast so i have no idea why i just wrote that all, but seeing as i have will now hit the post button
And I'm glad you did as it's given me a few ideas :). I often look back through my food diary for inspiration when the only thing I can think of is cookies :eek:

Back