what do we do with a lonely goat

Are the dogs beginning to take him under their wing and make him an honorary pack member?!

Are the dogs beginning to take him under their wing and make him an honorary pack member?!

Not really !!!

He is really distressed today it is far to wet to let him out.

His constant companion used to be a goose but sadly the fox got him so poor boy has suffered lot in the last 6 months

This is him with his goose, Fido........ we were building a new house for them at the time

onion001-1.jpg

Poor babe is still sad , though a little more settled.

When we get home from work he is waiting for us on our lane ( we own the lane and he is a *free range goat*). He runs to the car with the little dogs,wagging his tail and calling to us. He has never done that before...bless him !!!

Free range goat!:)

Bless him - but you know what? He looks like he makes friends easily. I have a feeling he will be fine just a bit lost for a while.:eek:

ahh that is so sad! bless him! animals are very loyal and mourn just like we do, my dads dog hasnt been the same since his companion died 2 years ago, he got through the 'moping' stage after a month or so, but he seems to have really aged quickly since then :(

Free range goat!:)

Bless him - but you know what? He looks like he makes friends easily. I have a feeling he will be fine just a bit lost for a while.:eek:
I do hope you are right. He is such a sweetie. Hubby spent an hour with him yesterday in his stable grooming him , chatting to him and feeding him tit bits.....

fillymum said:
I do hope you are right. He is such a sweetie. Hubby spent an hour with him yesterday in his stable grooming him , chatting to him and feeding him tit bits.....

Aw. You know It's so good that you're tuned into him this way. So many other people wouldn't be. I want more photos. I love goats!

Thanks for asking.

He is not crying as much. That was heart breaking, but he is still sad. He has been outside the kitchen window for a fair bit of time today and I have made the mistake of feeding him coffee cake and carrots.......... not good.
I do have some photos of him in my camera, taken last week and as soon as I have time to down load them I will.

He is a special little man as no one has told him yet he is a goat and if they did he would NOT believe them.
34535-albums2470-picture16208.jpg

Leo and his best friend Fido.
34535-albums2470-picture16207.jpg

his late step mum and sister , Mrs. B and Baby B with Fido

Back