what do you do differently, the little things in life

rowanx2

Losing the baby fat
Since losing weight I can wear hats now.

It wasnt that they didn't fit my head or anything lol, but I was left with just a big moon face showing and I felt embarrassed.

i've noticed the difference in the cold weather by wearing a simple black knitted beret.

its a small thing but it means a lot to me, I can wear a hat in the cold!!!!

what little things have you found you can do now that others wouldnt even think about doing?

i dont know a black shiny bin bag sounds like one cool sexy dress to me!;)
I had a goal and it was to wear shorts while shopping, i havn't managed that yet but hopefully this year even if it's just the one trip to the corner shop i can cross it off my list!

It's good to have these little goals, and then realise you are having goals that you didnt even know you were doing!

Looking in the mirror and thinking yay is a great one too. Infact it's a brilliant one!!!

Another one, going out without a coat on.

I would NEVER go out without my coat, no matter how hot it was. i just couldn't do it. i can now though.

it's what millions of people do all the time and i wanted to be one of them.
Another little thing, but makes all the difference.

i think losing weight gives you freedom.

I totally agree, I feel liberated since losing my weight, have so much more self confidence....It's great:D:D:D

I can also now wear knee high boots:):) and to celebrate I've now got 6 pairs;)

Tracey
x

Lol i forgot about the knee length boots. i bought a pair and if my vcalves had been any bigger then they wouldnt have zipped up. Another little milestone along the way that people take for granted.

i was the oppositte, i wouldnt wear jeans and if I wore pants they were jogging bottoms, and then they would have to be too big ones so they didnt cling to my legs. All my skirts were elasticated waist ones, they just grew along with me!

I swear I will never be an elasticated waist person again as they don't do anything to keep you in check.

Hi Rowanx2

Congratulations on losing your weight, that's a great achievement especially as you've done it alone:) and followed your own diet plan.

Tracey
x

I would never wear sleeveless shirts or tank tops, but now I actually wear tank tops and own several and when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror somedays wearing them, especially when I am working out, I think Dang Girl, you have got it going on!

Also wanted to wear hiphuggers jeans to show off my @ssets, and now that I reached GOAL, I strut my stuff in them BIGTIME!

thanks minilady, my personal cheerleader (flower there) was a great help! She's stuck by cheerleading away for her all her worth!!!
Btw i've a card with that cat on! it's cute. And well done on your loss and your maintaining! and the 6 pairs of boots LOL. :D

Flower, yes showing your arms was your milsetone marker, and I bet you do it without thinking these days?:eek:

I would like to go swimming in the summer. I know where there is a quiet pool that used to be empty on a morning so might add that into my list of to do's. Thats not such a little goal though, i think for anyone being seen in a swimming costume can cause some anxiety.

Your right dbl row, my tank tops I now wear often, not really thinking about it anymore, all thanks to you telling me how wonderful they look on me and I believe you!!!

Swimming, oh dbl row do it, that will be so awesome for you to step out of your comfort zone, look what tank tops did for me, this would be one in the same for you.... Yes indeedie that will be way coolio!

well as you know i am going swimming on saturday, why wait?
i've picked what i remember to be a nearly empty pool time.
Need a swimming costume though so off for one tomorrow.

i've been mentioning i'll go swimming one day for the past year and a half,well no more talking about it,

i'm going to take the plunge!:whistle: just hope when i do all the water doesnt leave the pool :eek:

looking forward to it, but nervous at the same time.

Thats awesome, first the marriage plunge and now the swimming plunge, way to step out of the box and don't worry you'll do great, just like a fishie you'll swim circles around hubby!

Since losing weight I can wear hats now.

It wasnt that they didn't fit my head or anything lol, but I was left with just a big moon face showing and I felt embarrassed.

i've noticed the difference in the cold weather by wearing a simple black knitted beret.

its a small thing but it means a lot to me, I can wear a hat in the cold!!!!

what little things have you found you can do now that others wouldnt even think about doing?

I colour my hair now! I was too ashamed to get it done when I was bigger...... I know this will sound silly to a lot of people

no that doesnt sound silly at all, i quite understand, as i wouldnt straighten my hair till i'd lost some weight as like again with the hat, i knew i would end up just all face.

I thinks it to do with not wanting to draw attention to yourself, but you cant help getting a bit more confident as the weight drops so you start doing more and more of the things you've been holding back on.

I look forward to getting dressed in the morning - whereas before I DREADED it as NOTHING looked good!

I've also started indoor climbing - wouldn't do it before because I didn't want people looking up at me and wondering if the rope was going to snap!!

Back