What do you do if you go off plan ?

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by mrsm211202, 18 August 2011 Social URL.

1. mrsm211202

mrsm211202 Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(7.54%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I know I shouldn't be thinking like this after a week and I actually don't feel the need to cheat but.....

It was my 40th in July and Mr M had said he'd take me to London for Lunch at a Michelein restuarant.
    We have to wait until Sept until the girls are back at school. I know I could probably easily do a PV day but I don't want to. This will be the first time I've eaten in a posh restaurant (and probaly will be until my 50th )so I want to pick what I want off the menu. And enjoy it rather than worry about it.
    So what do I do after ? Go back on attack ? A few PP days ? Or just not go until I'm in Consolidation (making me almost 42 for my 40th birthday meal :cry:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. claire21

claire21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(15.12%)
    I eat out in nice places for lunch most weekends - if you look at my diary you can see the sort of things. In my experiance a higher end place has much better food choices, lightly cooked and seasonal. Last weekend I had smoked salmon and crayfish to start - the salmon was worlds apart from the packet stuff. I have had some wonderful fish dishes without heavy sauces. I ask the chef for no potatoes etc and if I have mussels which I love I ask to go very light on the cream. I haven't had a pudding out so cant advise there. But the smarter place you go the easier the Dukan choice.

Have a lovely time.

PS post a link to the restaurant so we can see a sample menu.

4. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    This is how I cope

Start by assuming you are on a pv day.

Say no to bread.

Order water right away - a bottle, so you can keep topping up.

If you chose to drink wine, order it a glass at a time, rather than by the bottle - that makes it easier to stop at one delicious glass.

Try to make the choices which are highest in protein and lowest in fat and carbs - so beef, chicken, fish or shellfish rather than pasta, rice, pate, roast pork.

Don't order potatoes - pick salads or veg instead.

Enlist the waiter's help - ask for any sauces or dressing on the side.
    Then dip your fork in the sauce to add a touch of flavour as you eat.

If you aren't sure what you can eat - chose fat over carbs (so yes to cheese or pork, no to pasta or pastry).

If you can bear to, skip desert and go straight to coffee - or have cheese, instead.

The make sure the next day is pp - do two pp days in a row if you can, drink lots of water, take long walks.

5. mrsm211202

mrsm211202 Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(7.54%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Thanks. All that you say makes perfect sense. And its what I'll do if we eat out other times. But this is my 40th present. I don't want to have to choose what suits, I want to choose what I want. So do I do attack after and start again ? Or just carry on ? On a few PP days ?

6. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    When I went a little crazy for three days in May (no fridge, no supermarkets, no kitchen, no will power, no excuses) I followed up with 3 pp days, then swung back into normal cruise.

(but the advice about the water, and saying no to bread still stands)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.