1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

What do you do to stay on track?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by ChrissyRiley, 4 May 2014 Social URL.

1. ChrissyRiley

ChrissyRiley Well-Known Member

I know some people have some pretty good way's of staying motivated, I've just plastered my house in little notes to try and remind me to think before I make any decisions, Just wondered if there's anything else I can try to keep me going, for the next 60 days I'm on a countdown and need to stay 100%!xxx

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Selphie

Selphie Well-Known Member

I'm loving your notes. Great idea. The first one with lb lost and lb to go is a good motivator, I think I'll do something similar. SO, what keeps me motivated? Well I keep my Cambridge shakes in a box in my room and I have a look through and choose my products for the following day, most evenings. Seeing them when I'm getting up reminds me to stick with them.
    Also I am always topping up my freezer with ziplock backs of water to make into crushed ice, to make shakes into smoothies. Coming on here and reading people's posts helps a lot as well. I really like the post its idea though. I may have to steal that one :)

4. ChrissyRiley

Happy to share :) I've got 60 days to get this done once and for all! I may not get to target but I can finish it when I get back, I want another 2 stone off realistically before I go away, 2 stone, 60 days... I think that's an achievable goal xx

5. Selphie

You can get 2 stone off in 60 days, I'm sure. This diet really works. I had a 2 week holiday break and was upset to gain 3.5lbs, but I checked my weight this morning and I've lost 4.5lb already, in just 6 days! So less than a week after my hols and I weigh less than before :) I love this diet!

6. ChrissyRiley

I'll be finishing when I get back, if I can lose 2 more stone before I go I'll just have the holiday weight and 1 more stone to go, I'm too excited! Feeling really on it today..... Hope I feel this good tomorrow...xxx

7. Tiggemma

Tiggemma Well-Known Member

I look in my full length mirror every day as I'm in my undies getting ready for bed. Every day I like what I see a bit more and it is a clear reminder to keep going.

8. LizzRob

LizzRob Well-Known Member

I plan my post cambridge world.

I think of foods I want to eat. And how I'll be when I'm 'normal' again. I never want to go back to the bad habits I got into (mainly only having 1 meal a day in the evening and nothing else). I'm thinking about how to have lunch and breakfast.

Current loss: 12lbs and 7.5inches

9. Selphie

Me too. I think about how great it will be to feel comfortable in my own skin. I imagine the sort of outfits I can wear and think of how much better I will feel about how I look, and how healthy I'll feel. Also I think about how far I have to go until I reach my next mini milestone. For example I am exactly 15 stone now, so I just have a couple of days to break into the 14 stones :) Also I remind myself I can lose a stone a month if I stick to plan and then imagine myself 1 month away, then 2 etc. Helps to refocus.

10. britstak

britstak Active Member

I am going to be honest over the last few weeks I haven't been on track 100%! I sat myself down last week and gave myself a good talking to! I need to get my bum into gear and shift this weight its only me that can do it!! My Cambridge consultant gave me a recipe for Jelly! I am currently on Day 2 SS and the jelly is free so its been a life saver when I have wanted something sweet. Running my own cake business doesn't help as at times I just want to stuff my face with cake but I have learned to stand back for a few seconds and actually ask myself do I really need to eat it?.......

11. LizzRob

Cambridge jelly!?!? What? How? Lol

I think 'thinking' before eating is a huge step in the right direction. One we all need to learn. I'm very impulsive so having to control that a lot now

12. Tiggemma

My CDC does jelly too. It's the water flavouring with water a gelatine (usually I use the veggie type). It's great and officially just another way of having more water!

13. juliebags

juliebags Well-Known Member

Mmnm jelly what a good idea , is it the sheets or powdered gelatine ???gotta make some xx

14. Tiggemma

I don't think it matters what type so long as it properly dissolves.

15. LizzRob

oooooh, i need to do this!!!! Fab idea!

Tigg, do you know what the recipe is??? I love jelly and my little one can help me make it :)

16. missuslannie82

missuslannie82 Well-Known Member

Hi all my CDC uses water flavouring plus the mix a mousse for the jelly, haven't tried it myself but apparently it's nice

17. Tiggemma

I think the mix a mousse is basically gelatine but Cambridge branded and more £s than gelatine from a supermarket. I'm just checking the water to gelatine ratio. I have it some where.

18. Tiggemma

Rightio, to make the jelly I put 450mls cold water in a bowl, then melt one sachet of supercook gelatine in 50 mls boiling water in a cup and once thoroughly dissolved add to the cold water, add 1 teaspoon of CD water flavouring and then add a few drops of food colouring (otherwise the jelly is pretty much clear and a bit disconcerting!), allow to set in the fridge for about 2 hours. Voila!

19. LizzRob

You legend! Putting my request in to my CDC as we speak lol that's a super way of getting another half litre of water in! Lol

20. Selphie

Ooh jelly sounds amazing! I accidentally made ice cream for dinner because I blended my milkshake with loads of crushed ice, more than usual, and it went the consistency of ice cream :) lovely! I'll be doing that again!