1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do when it is your Birthday ??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Shelle Belle, 22 October 2008 Social URL.

1. Shelle Belle

Shelle Belle Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    It is my birthday next week and I am planning on being off the diet for about 4 days. I was just wondering whether anyone sticks to their diet on their birthday or do you treat yourself?? I am looking forward to it but by the end of the 4 days I am sure I will feel as guilty as sin.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    No way! I am totally off plan on my birthday and I don't feel guilty for it. SW has to fit around my life, I refuse to fit my life around any diet.

4. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

when it was my boyfriends birthday i planned to take 2 days off plan, but it turned out to be 4! i managed to gain around 5lbs that week!!!

when my birthday comes around i will eat what i like for 2 days and get back on it....hopefully!

5. janie.com

janie.com Full Member

i would have a blowout on my birthday then get back on the plan.........birthday once a year........got another 51 weeks to make up for it...........

6. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I agree...... my birthday is 2 days before Xmas, so I just have the whole week off, is about the only positive point about being born at that time. x

7. Shelle Belle

Shelle Belle Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Excellent point. Now I won't feel guilty. I can't wait for the weekend.

8. Force Ten

Force Ten Serial Dieter

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's my birthday next week too! I aim to thoroughly enjoy myself for a couple of days and then get back on plan again. Weigh in is actually on my birthday so I shall go out afterwards and then hopefully manage to lose the excess by the following week lol.:D

9. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    That's what I do when my birthday is on WI day, I go to early WI then kick back and enjoy myself!

10. emski

emski Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.29%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers

:party0036::party0023:

:bliss:
    Just Celebrate
    :party0019:

:party0016::party0011:

11. Gene Genie

Gene Genie Mad as cheese

I totally plan on not dieting on my birthday its my 30th so im going to make the most of it. I have already told Mr G i want breakfast in bed, lunch in a nice cafe and dinner in a nice quite country pub, oh and as its just before christmas were going to look round the christmas markets so that will involve lots of mulled wine , mince pies n gingerbread n generally bad for me stuff OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH i cant flippin wait! i am stopping on plan over xmas including christmas day which will just be a plain old red day otherwise i will start on the cack food on the 22nd for my b'day and not stop till new year!

Your birthday is one day a year so as long as you get straight back on and be good afterwards i dont see the problem with having days off, (says her who is having a week off at the mo!)

Gen x

12. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    mmmm I love mulled wine!

13. MrsEdz

MrsEdz Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(9.87%)
    Diet:
    SW
    It's my 40th in a couple of weeks and I'm going out to dinner and having a nice meal.. the diet can wait for a day.. already had to give up going away and a party due to lack of funds.. sure as hell not giving up everything.. I am confident I can get back on track so not worried.

14. Mindy

Mindy Dreaming of being slim!

Diet:
    slimming world
    have a great birthday hunny. its my 30th in march and we are gonna london for the weekend i will be having those three days off plan cant wait.

15. Treats

Treats Silver Member

Just wondered have any of you wondered like I have... why having a few days off you can pile on so much... I mean I had a week off and I put on 4Ib and I hardly ate anything... it does worry me as although this is a life changing habit that we are doing...... how disheartening it we have to be on it so strict for the rest of our lives?

Did I make sense there.....???

Oh happy birthday for everyone and don't forget to send me a piece of cake from yes,.,,,,,, all of your cakes hahaha!!

16. Msblue

Msblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(24.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello everyone, newbie here :)
    I had my 40th a couple of weeks ago, about 6 weeks into my SW jaunt, WI the week before, had four mega birthday days/nights then straight back on it and had still lost 1lb the following WI.
    Loving SW by the way, and really enjoying trying some of the recipes on here :)

Have lost 16lb, another 28 to go!

17. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Im having several days over a 2 week period off. Was away last week for 3 days and am out tomorrow with my pal, then Friday is my birthday so a posh lunch in the afternoon and a buffet at night then a night out with my pals on Saturday.

I dont usually take so much off but hey Im only 40 once and I KNOW Ill be back on track on Sunday