what do you do when you get the flu?!

nelly_

Hi All,

only finishing day 4 and I had to leave work today with the flu, yesterday I thought it was just a bad cold but not well at all.

I dont want to break it but whats the norm for this situation?

I have the normal flu stuff, aches pains, fever etc.

Thanks,
Elaine

I am really sorry you are feeling ill, and this is MY opinion only..

If it really is flu hun, with all the horror stories around i would take whatever i could to get rid of it!! If you can cope without taking anything (make sure you keep up with your fluid intake though) that's fine, but if you need to ease your symptoms i would take whatever you need to....

At the end of the day your health MUST come before anything.... LT will still be around when you recover, and if you get any worse hun, please get medical professional advice/help...

I hope you feel better soon... Let us know how you are getting on x x

I'm with Su on this one, the flu is killing people, normal, healthy young people........dose up and if you have to eat to take medication then so be it! Better to do that and have to try LT again when you're better

If you do I wouldn't have thought that you'll have much of an appetite but stick to protein only......

Unless you're told to take anything specific by a doctor, I would say just take ordinary paracetamol and ibuprofen as relief. You can also take a decongestant separately as well. Neither will affect your weight loss or ketosis, and if you take the ibuprofen after a shake you should be okay with it lining your tum. Most cold/flu all in one remedies all just contain some sort of pain killer and decongestant, but than are loaded with sugar. That's the bit that will affect your diet. Separate these ingredients out and take them individually and you can skip the sugar :)

Hope you feel better soon xx

I agree, don't worry about raking what ever you need, because of a diet! It's not worth it...

I had a bad cold last time I was on LT and I took beechams flu plus, it's what I always take so I took them and didn't make me feel more Ill and it didn't effect weight loss or ketosis.

But I did look on some of the remedies available and wondered !

Just get yourself better Hun x

Thanks All, Kinda slept through yesterday but feel a bit better today, I stuck with the pain killers and didnt eat. It most just be a bad cold but either way, glad I am feeling a bit better and glad I didnt eat!

what a week 1 - if I can do that the rest should be a lot easier. and it was TOTM!!!

Thanks again for the advice :D

Well done for persevering nelly, and i am glad you are feeling a little better...

You have coped really well, so that's the worst bit over and done with x x

Glad you're on the mend :) xx

delighted with myself for sticking with it, but I am one of the lucky ones... my partner is on it too. he only has like 5 weeks to do but still, makes the first while a lot easier. :)

Back