What do you do when you're REALLY hungry??

binibikini

supposed to be working!
hunger pangs have started - Ive been having lots of water... but is there something i can consume that will help me?
Its only 11.30am here - and ive had 1 shake.
(btw because of the limited options and g*dawful soups/oats - i only have vanilla shakes all day).

What day are you one?

2 :D
but its a new me - and there is NO WAY im eating ive promised myself! i keep telling myself: a little hunger wont kill me - but I would like to satiate it.

Hi Binbikini, read what I've posted on today's tip for the day- "This too will pass" - this helps me enormously. I feel hungry a lot but I've kind of got used to that - it's the cravings I find most difficult.

How about splitting your shakes? Then at least you can have something else mid morning?

Black coffee and distraction also work for me - and as Broxi says - it will pass!

Just keep it up you are doing great. Are you at work? If not decide on a time that you will have your next shake and go for a walk in between, there must be loads to do to keep your mind off it. No cheating though, there is nothing apart from what you are given or water that you can eat. It will get better though, guaranteed.

I hate the soups and oats too.... vile! Choc tetra's are the way to go!

Drink lots and lots of water, keep yourself busy..... read a mag, go for a stroll, or a soak in a bubble bath.... or go out looking at the clothes your going to buy when you get to goal.
xxx

Thanks y'all! Broxi yes I absolutely read your tip of the day and 'this too shall pass' is a wonderful saying my parents raised us with: 'nothing is forever' :) It defo kept me going!
I also love the split-the-shakes idea. Why didnt I think of that :)
I am at work, but I did get out for walkies (ok, shopping) and spending money always helps ;)
thanks everyone - can i just say how happy i am doing this: because its easy, not as expensive as when Im buying big meals every day and i KNOW that just in a few days, my currently-snug trousers, will be falling off me in just a few days!
:D
BBxx

I just go look at myself in the mirror...lol....which is then followed by a pint of water. It works every time :)

I think a bottle of mineral water works great for me. I haven't quite figured out which are allowed yet (stay clear of the flavored anyway). I don't use it often, but sometimes. Good luck! Once you get past the next few days, you will feel better I hope.

I can't really remember the hunger feeling anymore. the first week i did feel hungry and the 1 day in the third week but it was all my head. im on week 7 now and believe me it gets easier as time goes on!

all the best!

xxxxx

Thank you guys! Yes im chugging water more than usual (I'm a 8 liter a day kinda gal) and running to the loo every 5 seconds :D
Im much better now - will try to stomach the oats this evening for something more substantial.
(btw - i even tried making cookies with the oats (i.e. mix with water and bake the paste/dough but I probably made it too wet and it didnt set. i will try it again this weekend with a drier dough!)

Wow that must be hard jsut having the vanilla shake! well done you tho for doing 2 days as the new you x

If I get hungry and i've nothing left, usually at work, I take pepermint tea bags in with me. So i fill up on that xxx

Yes! I really enjoy peppermint tea at nite right before bed. And im so relieved to hear it gets easier.
I have cravings but just the thought of these darn pants (read: trousers hehe) falling off me this time next week is keeping me super excited to carry on!
Im going to have warm vanilla oats tonite: i scoop of the shake-mix and one of the oats - hope it's not as ick as it sounds :D
also looking fwd to the crunches this evening!

Hi,

Just to say you are not alone. I am on day 6 and today was horrible. I had cravings and keep on having headaches. I think whats really spurring me on is wanting to see the small me. I keep seeing people dressed in sleeveless vests and looking nice and I say to myself I am gonna be wearing that and looking even better in 3 months time.

Thank you guys! Yes im chugging water more than usual (I'm a 8 liter a day kinda gal) and running to the loo every 5 seconds :D
Im much better now - will try to stomach the oats this evening for something more substantial.
(btw - i even tried making cookies with the oats (i.e. mix with water and bake the paste/dough but I probably made it too wet and it didnt set. i will try it again this weekend with a drier dough!)

You ok honey?? How you coping. Hope you are doing ok:)

You know kenye, ive heard everywhere that visualization is the best way to acheive your goals!
When I didnt know any better, I would see a skinny girl and go 'urgh skinny cow!'
Now I see a sexy figure and I'm almost like a wolfwhistling construction worker "yeah baby, work that ass" LOL!!! :D

Hey Witchy! thanks for checking in. Yes im still a bit hungwwy but will grab a coffee on my walk home, get a mani and massage and have my
1. benefiber
2. vanillla-oats
3.peppermint tea

lots to look fwd to! :D
bbxx

Hehehehehehehehhehehehehe you'll have your trousers AND pants falling off soon enough!!!!!! Hahahahahahah!

Love you Bikinibabe (I saw someone called you this on another post which is far more flattering than 'bin' bikini :0)

When I first started I used to put some chocolate shake in my porridge and loved it. Kept me going in the first 2 weeks xxx

Hi babe!!

How are you feeling this evening!

I am on day 6 now, and I can say it does feel easier than day 1 to 3!!!

I guess for me, the more days I get behind me, I know that I have anything to eat - I have to go through it all again!!! Not a good thought!!

Black coffee for the first few days helped me!! And when it got really bad, I opened a soup and had two teaspoons of it in a mug!! That seemed to help.

Thinking of you

Bx

Back