What do you find you do different on weigh-ins with bigger losses?

size102b

Banned
Hi,I just wonder what do you find helps you lose the lbs faster on big loss weeks? I know everyone says 1-2lbs a week but several people here have 2-3lbs + alot I just wondered what do you do?
Exercise,water?

:)

Theres no rhyme or reason to my losses, some weeks will be good and other weeks even better :) I could eat the exact same menus for 2 weeks running and have differnt losses. It may be the people with bigger losses have more to lose, or it could have been just one week they had slightly more.

mmmm yes I soppose so,Ive alot to lose and it makes me confused how people lose so differently I saw someone on here she lost 7lbs every week on ww for the first 5 weeks then 5lbs etc and thought how? I know age factors in many people I could lose 2-3lbs every week 20 years ago but now its average 1-2lbs a week even on vlcd I lost 3lbs a week when in lighterlife the other 6 people lost 5-6lbs most weeks and we all did the same.

Well done startlight your loss is fantastic and thanks for replying x

hi size102b i do more exercise and drink more water that when i started my diet ( got of my lazy bum) i think that why my loss was bigger in the last couple of weeks

If i have a big loss its because i maintained or gained the week before :giggle: If i stick to it i lose weight, thats the important thing.

hi size102b i do more exercise and drink more water that when i started my diet ( got of my lazy bum) i think that why my loss was bigger in the last couple of weeks

ummm I do feel its the water ,the exercise the other week I did loads and had a small loss but the following week it was 2.5lb they say the week following what we do shows it up?
Thanks Phil :)

If i have a big loss its because i maintained or gained the week before :giggle: If i stick to it i lose weight, thats the important thing.

You know looking at people on here I see that they seem to lose big after a blip week or a sts week?
I just wondered if people see a bigger loss if they do anything different?
x

I think the good weeks are always the ones where you stick to the points completely, drink lots of water and push the exercise as much as possible. Its what works for me anyway, i do find the week i dont get to exercise as much or i have a couple of days where the tracker goes out the window..it'l b a sts or maybe a little gain..and i find if ive had a nite out over the wknd the alcohol will always make for a gain. Ive tried to give it up as much as possible i only drink for occasions now and i really dont even miss it anymore.

I think the good weeks are always the ones where you stick to the points completely, drink lots of water and push the exercise as much as possible. Its what works for me anyway, i do find the week i dont get to exercise as much or i have a couple of days where the tracker goes out the window..it'l b a sts or maybe a little gain..and i find if ive had a nite out over the wknd the alcohol will always make for a gain. Ive tried to give it up as much as possible i only drink for occasions now and i really dont even miss it anymore.

I agree its the water and exercise
I stick to plan 100% maybe some weeks a little under and exercise 5-7 hours of cardio a week and never lose big now,but Im losing ((fingers crossed)) every week. I admit the waters a problem so I drink green tea decaff and some no added sugar squash.......
Thanks x

You do realise drinking loads of water ISNT going to make any great difference weight wise. Theres a common misconception on diets that you should drink 2l of water a day - its not true. A lot of people do drink water because they feel it makes them feel better and healthier but dont worry if you dont.. .WW actually recommend 1.2l of FLUID, not water, a day.

In lighterlife all the people that lost big each week drank 5 litres of water a day as they say you 'have to' the weeks I drank 5 litres a day I lost bigger.......
I cant drink water on its on it makes me gag lol......
So Im still confused lol :confused:

I do find a bigger loss follows a smaller one.
I lose weight quick but I put it on even quicker. I can put a stone on over a holiday or xmas without trying.
I am breastfeeding a now 7 month old, have a 2 and a half year old to run around after, a house to keep, I study twice a week plus homework. So I think its nervous energy for me too some of the time. I never count activity points because I havent got time and I cant be @rsed to be honest. I just eat my points.

I do find a bigger loss follows a smaller one.
I lose weight quick but I put it on even quicker. I can put a stone on over a holiday or xmas without trying.
I am breastfeeding a now 7 month old, have a 2 and a half year old to run around after, a house to keep, I study twice a week plus homework. So I think its nervous energy for me too some of the time. I never count activity points because I havent got time and I cant be @rsed to be honest. I just eat my points.

Hi I remember when I had my middle daughter I breastfeed her for 17 months and lost weight quickly also had a 4 year old and was working and walking alot.
I never count AP eirther as I am on enough points to last daily.
Well done for juggling so much and youve done amazingly x

In lighterlife all the people that lost big each week drank 5 litres of water a day as they say you 'have to' the weeks I drank 5 litres a day I lost bigger.......
I cant drink water on its on it makes me gag lol......
So Im still confused lol :confused:

But thats a totally different diet. Remember when youre eating you take in something like 2l of water through food. :)

LL and CD are all saying that the old 'the more you drink the more you shrink' idea is NOT true. A lot of people on CD can testify that drinking loads hasnt improved their losses, might have been coincidence with your weeks.who knows ;) but on WW drinking loads wont increase your losses. Wish it did ;)

But thats a totally different diet. Remember when youre eating you take in something like 2l of water through food. :)

LL and CD are all saying that the old 'the more you drink the more you shrink' idea is NOT true. A lot of people on CD can testify that drinking loads hasnt improved their losses, might have been coincidence with your weeks.who knows ;) but on WW drinking loads wont increase your losses. Wish it did ;)

Could I ask have you done CD and Lighterlife?
I have done both for 4 months at a time each and yes you do lose more the more you drink. The science is it flushes the fat out your body and if we dont drink 8 glasses of fluid caffine free per day we retain water ,that is why we should all drink 2 litres per day,caffine in tea coffee and alcohol dehydrates our bodies and cancels out what we drink.

I get the feeling youre going to just take exception now to everything I say.

CD have now come out and actually formally stated that the more you drink the more you shrink is a myth and WW state that 1.2l of FLUID is sufficient for people on WW they go on to say that coffee, tea and diet drinks all count towards that 1.2l total.

This isnt my opinion, this is what two highly successful, multi million pound diet companies state in their literature for people doing their diets.

I would say 5l of liquid a day is excessive - you can get brain damage from intaking too much water (but I am talking 10l a day rather than the 2 recommended).

I don't think it hurts to take in a decent amount of fluids - it helps the fibre through your system (otherwise it clogs you up) and helps the skin. :D

I did CD last year, lost nearly 5 stone (have managed to put 1 stone back on again now, but trying to lose it still) and I didn't find drinking more made me lose more at all.... in fact this could just be a coincidence, but I was totally healthy before CD and afterwards my kidneys had stopped functioning as well and the doctor was worried and wanted me to have more tests after 6 months.... I still think it was because I drank between 3 litres and 4 litres of water a day as my kidneys are fine now.... a year after finishing the diet.

Back