What do you get?

:eek: Well I'm one of the lucky ones! And have to give my CDC 10/10+!
Diva aka Gayle is mine and shes the bees knees! A friend & CDC in one.
Weighs every week, talks to you about anything that you want to know about the diet, how to deal with negative comments from mates & family about the diet, shes a life coach too so she knows her stuff...same her rates are probably too high for me cause I could do with a life coach! Shes alway on the end of the phone if you need her. Lovely, lovely lady!
There is nothing bad I can say except......ha ha only joking nope nothing bad at all.

Where as a friend of mine goes to another CDC and OMG what a weird woman! Doesn't weigh you, gives you packs on the doorstep and charges £50!!! a week. The first time my mate went there she was charged £5 for just walking in the door! then as this CDC had hurt her ankle she asked mu y mate to make her a cuppa before she left as she was finding it hard to walk! Daft mate even carried some washing upstairs!

But on the whole CDC's are diamonds.

Kam xx

Well, i'm my own cdc, so I have to say that i'm excellent. :D

Seriously though, aside from those mentioned who are obviously taking the piss, I think that most cdcs will suit some clients but not others. Personally, I work full time, am at college so have to do assignments, and have two young kids plus a partner (so, three kids really :p). Therefore, the counselling has to fit around my incredibly busy life. Nowadays, I only have two evenings a week where I can fit clients in (the other evenings are taken up with ferrying the kids around to their various activities), although I do try my best to be flexible if a client's having problems with my alloted days. At times when i'm innundated, I have to quickly weigh clients (unless they don't want to be weighed), get their stuff together, and see them out the door. However, if a client turns up during a quiet period, i'm perfectly happy to sit and chat with them for however long they want to, as I enjoy talking to people.

As i'm working during the day, and rarely sit down before 9.30pm in the evenings (yes, I know i'm here now, but i've had to swap my Thursday for Wednesday this week, due to work, and i'm between clients!), I must admit that I never call clients anymore. I know that I should, but I simply would never find time to call thirty different people every week. However, I always stress that i'm available for advice or support at any time... even if I do say that they may be better off emailing as i'm rarely in to answer the phone!

Anyhow, i'm rambling. I'm sure that I have some clients who're put off by my lack of time for them, and I know i've lost potential new clients occasionally, because I won't drive to them and/or see them at weekends. On the other hand, I have had clients move to me because they actually prefer my laid back way of counselling, and most of my existing clients are incredibly supportive and understanding about my busy life. They're generally just very pleased that I haven't given up the counselling, after my recent increase in work hours!

I don't know if all that is particularly relevant to your question or not, but I just though i'd give an 'inside view'. I think that the main thing people want is just to have a counsellor who is nice, friendly, knowledgable, and actually seems bothered about their weight loss, rather than just seeing the job as a money making exercise. So long as this is the case, then people are generally quite accommodating towards everything else.

Jo x

I am also one of the lucky onesMy cdc is great 100% great I think.
I see her every 2 weeks she weighs me mesures me and we chat CD related and not,she is friendly supportive and very helpfull.I know I would have not got this far without her.
In my first few weeks whe phoned or emailed me.If I need he I email and always get a reply.If I have had to change appointments she has always fitted me in another time.
I am seeing her every week for a while,as I think I need the extra support,I lookforward to seeing her and know I can tell her anything and do.
After reading some posts on hear I think I am very lucky to have her.

I'm with Kati here - collect my packs every 4weeks, write the cheque and that's it !

no phone calls on WI day to see how I'm doin, nuthin, zip, diddly squat :( and when I do phone her...I feel like I'm being a nuisance...which is why I tend to ask all my daft questions on here ;)

My last batch of packs was one shake short...so I phoned and left a message on her answer machine (she's never there either)...asked her to post it to me cos it's a 90minute round trip to get to her...well - that was 8th September and, guess what ?? no pack yet - what service.....NOT :eek:

You guys who have great CDCs should REALLY appreciate them - you are sooo lucky :)

I'm just glad I found Minimins...to be my 'surrogate' CDC ;)
That's crap isn't it!!
I still have a couple of spares hun.. if you need one still drop me a PM and i'll send you it! ((hugs))

I must admit, i don't get a midweek contact, i'm in and out in 5-10 minutes, but sometimes due to the kids this is no bad thing.

She does seem to care whether i've done well and gave good advice on water.. but other than that.. that's it really.

Not sure whether i'm happy with her or not.. but she's local and convenient.

That's crap isn't it!!
I still have a couple of spares hun.. if you need one still drop me a PM and i'll send you it! ((hugs))

aawww - thanx hun :) but it's OK - I'll see her again first week in October (she's going away) to pick up my next 4week supply....so I'll get an extra one off her then...

To be hones, I've just been really disppointed - especially since it says (on every pack !) that 'counselling is key to the success...blah blah blah' what a joke with my CDC !!

Anyway my head's 'in the right place' and I'm determined to do this - so I'm managing fine on my own (and Minimins, of course ;) )....but it must be awful for any of her clients who ARE finding it tough :(

Thanx again PH...have a fab day - you horseriding today ???

read all about your horse on another thread - must be fab to feel comfortable enough to get back in the saddle - good for you :D

My CDC is ok,

I only go every 2 weeks and she weight me and measures me.

She does offer encouragement but i go with a friend and 2 members of her family so I think she feels that we've got each other for support anyway.

Thanx again PH...have a fab day - you horseriding today ???
:D
You're welcome!
Are you not able to change counsellor?

Not today.. but am riding tomorrow evening.. just gotta have the energy! lol
It is good to be riding at last. Confidence is something that has had to be built! it was a laugh at first.. especially being bounced around lol. But i've had to work hard, and it's taken me a year to actually canter for the first time.

Hi guys

Just to join in - my counsellor deals with me over the telephone and I receive my packs once a month. She is excellent and I have no bad words whatsoever. I know all her phone numbers and e mail address and I know I can contact her at any point if I need advice.
I weigh myself once a week and let her know how I have done each time she calls me.
She really is great and Im very pleased with the service I have received!

Julie xx

My CDC is great - and gorgeous to look at as well - talk about a role model! She always has time for me, and is very well informed. She weighs and measures bust, waist, hips, thighs & upper arms every week. She has been very supportive in my ambition to be a CDC myself.
10/10 for Louise!!!!!
Ann xxx

Back