What do you miss most ?

ber-297

I've been low carbing now since july 1st , and i must say this woe does definately suit me , and i've not missed much of the things that i cant eat now , i dont miss coke , or spuds , or chips etc BUT i do still miss a bit of bread , and the thing i miss most is baked beans :eek: , funny the little things that ya miss really . Anyone else got one ?

finger food, i really like to eat with my hands, i miss toasted sandwiches, bacon butty's, that sort of thing.

but i don't miss anything enough to make me go back, i love the fact tha i am losing weight at last!

Like FJ I really miss crunchy food.

Aside from that, CHOC-O-LATE. I've always had a sweet tooth.

Yoghurt as well. I used to eat loads. I didn't realise yoghurt was so carby until starting atkins.

Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer, yogurt too although I do have some now on owl, jacket potatoes & jacket wedges

oh yes wedges. oh and pizza. and croissants :D

Yoghurt as well. I used to eat loads. I didn't realise yoghurt was so carby until starting atkins.

For 4g/100, try Total Greek Yogurt (but make sure you don't buy their 0% fat version). It's thick and lovely, and I eat some most days and it hasn't knocked me out of ketosis so far (okay, I'm not losing fast anymore, but I'm still losing). It's a real lifesaver on this way of eating.

For you crunchy - lovers, have you tried making cheese crisps? I slice cheddar really thin, and lay 5 or 6 thin slices on a dinner plate. Microwave until the cheese starts to sizzle and "cook". Let cool a bit, and then lift off the plate and drain on paper towel. Voila - crisps!! And yummy ones at that. Some people do this in the oven as well. (think of the lovely melted cheesy bits when you eat nachos... the stuff that gets baked onto the platter - YUMMY!)

Chocolate. I miss it every day - it was my 'friend' through good times and bad for the last 30 years!

Not a good friend to me though - I wouldn't swap its clammy embrace for how I feel today - not for a million pounds!

Nothing really, and when i do eat something carby, it doesn't taste half as nice as I imagined it would.

my pizza did last week ;)

I gave the missus half my chips last night as they don't hold the same facination anymore, can eat a few then I get bored lol

Back