What do you MISS the most (WARNING FOOD THREAD)

Leahlou

I don't miss sweets, crisps, bread even but I really MISS fish - all i want to eat is smoked salmon or pickled herring. It's soooo difficult.

Also I am having cravings for sausage rolls (I'm jewish and don't eat sausages) lol.

Today im missing nothing because after eating for a week and feeling sluggish, i want that feel good factor back and to have agood loss next wek.

im with saraian on this one, after bieng off cd last week and feeling crap, i actually feel relieved to be back on.

lol - I'm on my own then.

Bacon and cheese butties!!
Drempt about fish n chips last night,could alnost smell the vinegar.Thats after 3 days,oh eck

Im not missing food really but when I think about what I would like to eat for my 1st proper meal it would be either a salmon steak with salad or a small juicy steak (rare) and salad.

its not really a case of a food im missing but more the social occasion of eating with family. I always have my shake when i can fit it in, but my children have a tradition that on their birthday they choose the food and we all eat together, my son aged 11 picked indian and was really dissapointed in me for not eating his choosen food.

julesrush]
cdc norwich

not missing food but im sitting next to this guy at work who is eating hot buttered toast and the smell is driving me mad xx

When I was sole Sourcing I used to dream about "food"! Now I'm maintaining, I've drawn the conclusion, that food doesn't actually taste all that nice, your eyes tell your brain what you want it to taste like?!

VERY few things taste as I remember them to taste and it's been a big learning curve!!!!

Strange, but for me true!!!

When I was sole Sourcing I used to dream about "food"! Now I'm maintaining, I've drawn the conclusion, that food doesn't actually taste all that nice, your eyes tell your brain what you want it to taste like?!

VERY few things taste as I remember them to taste and it's been a big learning curve!!!!

Strange, but for me true!!!

That's really interesting Camilla, so true!

I miss tinned asparagus and laughing cow cheese right now, don't ask me why ....:eek:

OMG I don't want to DISLIKE food - I LOVE food - Not to the point where I over eat - I love the texture and the feel...I think I may go on to sole source plus soon then I don't want to be one of those thin people that hates food!

Thats wrong!

Please don't panic!!! I still like food, but rather than having a plate full of roast potatoes,yorkshire pudding and meat, I'm now a Vegetable and meat girl as the vegetables taste much nicer than I remember and my old faithful friends the roast potatoes don't!!!!

Lol, initially i really missed chicken fried rice and bbq sauce, but as the weeks have worn on i'm finding the thought of all that grease turns my stomach. If i sat down and really thought about it the majority of food i think i'm craving i'm actually not (hope that makes sense) as when i imagine eating them i find the craving goes and that i don't want them as much as i thought.

The thing i am really craving now is either a tuna sandwich with mayo, sweetcorn and spring onion on granary bread and cheese and onion crisps or jacket spud with tuna mayo!

I don't want to hate food either but its nice to think that i'm not going to want to binge on junk food when im maintaining. Also got a weird thing for tomato ketchup??

xx

That's what I used to do!! I'd imagine a bar of chocolate and then all the feelings would flood back as if I'd actually eaten the bar!!!!

It's very strange, I loved my food, now I like my food, but I only want heathly??!!

For example I was hooked on Full fat drinks and if I was desperate for a can of coke the feeling you'd get from having the first gulp would almost be relief.........................!!! I've since had a can of coke and it tastes horrible and now I'd go for my water??!! I'm only speaking from my experiences I think my tastes buds have been cleansed from doing SS!!!

Phew *wipes sweat from brow*

Thing is I know how to eat healthily - I just am not losing as quick as I want to.

At least i know I can get straight back on my ww diet after this and keep losing slowly and healthily in 10 weeks time.

Absolutely!!! I think most people know what they should be eating, but once you have a food addicition it's very easy to say I'll eat fish and chips tonight with my coke and chocolate and my diet starts tomorrow..............By SS you cleanse your taste buds, I think without realising it! You might reach for the bar of chocolate because you liked it before you started dieting, so why wouldn't you now??!! but having eaten it you realise that you didn't actually enjoy it, it kindof tastes of nothing and you probably would have enjoyed a piece of fruit much more.........................

possibly! lol - we'll have to see - week 3 of SS and I am ok still - but I still miss food - I really do - I don't know how much longer I will do this. I might go on to sole source plus sooner than I had wanted.

We'll see.

buttered toast, there`s no nicer smell............
fruit is one i miss too, and tuna, but no i`m not missing any sort of junk food. this week i made a massive gooey choclate cake for my family. there was really no temtation for it, but then i made beef stew and dumplings........the carrots were calling me.
i think it`s my body doing the craving..........for things it needs
rather than me just wanting sugar.

does anyone else find themselves dreaming of cheating/eating.
i have been and there so vivid, i wake up thinking "have i" it`s so confusing..............lol

Back