what do you pack for lunch??

RebekahR

Gold Member
What do you normally take for lunch??

Need some ideas! Had two hideous days lunches... Cottage cheese, chicken. Prawns.. all bland

Any nice ideas would be ace!!

I try to make a "quiche" - cottage cheese and eggs mixed with tuna or salmon (or any protein you like) and baked for 35-45 mins (keep looking at it to see if its set) ad herbs or garlic etc to spice it up. This will do me two lunches and a bit so I'll take that with some cottage cheese cold meats yogurts. Today I had a chicken wrap - I made a herby gallette and spread some quark in it the laid in lots of chicken slices MMMMMmmmmm.

You could do soup too if you have a microwave or leftover dinner!

Enjoy!

Not terribly exciting but hard boiled egg, in a flask Dukan soup, cottage cheese in a cool bag or maybe chicken pieces, cheese triangle.

I'm boring - usually grilled chicken, bresaola and a boiled egg!

I'm Sooo lazy guess I need to cook soups and things!!

Think i would rather have nothing than face another meal of cottage cheese!!

LOL the gallette is so easy to make then its like a sandwich. Takes two mins - whip together and egg, your daily otbran allowance, and a tbspn and a 1/2 of quark add any herbs you want and beat together. Spray a pan with a few squirts of fry light and heat - pour in the mix and put the flame on low. Keep it on for a couple of minutes until the top looks "dry" the gallette will move in the pan too - use a slice to flip over and brown on the other side.

Let it cool and use in place of bread! I do!

I love the Tesco light choice cottage cheese esp on a gallette.....never used to eat cottage cheese until I started Dukan but now I love it :) I'm lazy when it comes to cooking and always look for the easy way out. Lunches though can be tricky esp when you are on the road/travelling. Saska

I will try makin the galette thank you

Smoked salmon today ... No cottage cheese thank god LOL

Salad with your choice of ham or chicken, tuna, Quorn pieces, tinned mackerel etc

Try making the dukan BBQ sauce or the sweet chilli sauce - I often mix smoked mackerel/ dukan bbq sauce/ cottage cheese together and that is yummy or balsamic instead of bbq sauce - it transforms the cottage cheese!!! Also I have cold salt and pepper chicken with the sweet chilli sauce which is lush!!! Or cold omelette with ham and mushroom and salad..... Think the balsamic/sweet chilli/ bbq sauce all help to flavour it up!!! Keep going!! x

On PV days I do a salad with a bit of green leafy stuff then boiled eggs tuna and a few cooked green beans, I also roast mediterranean veg and chicken pieces and eat it cold. On PP days I do tend to stick to cottage cheese so not much help there, sorry!

Now I'm in Stab I suppose I could have anything but I'm now into a good routine and I avoid having sandwiches if I can. Always take my own lunch, so then I'm not tempted to get unhealthy stuff. Salads are my usual thing - prawns are good, and I keep a tin of tuna (in brine) in my desk drawer for emergencies! Chicken pieces today as its pp thursday. I go easy on the eggs because I like one for breakfast, and I use them in muffins as well.Sometimes I have a venison terrine from waitrose which is yummy but expensive. Not so keen on cottage cheese - youre right it is tasteless - but I like it with bresaola or smoked salmon. Soup is good too, but tends to go right through me and I get hungry quickly so I make some savoury Dukan muffins to go with it which really is a treat. Yoghurt or sf jelly for afters. Boring but it works for me

lunch ideas, smoked mackerel cottage cheese and balsamic is really nice. Make Dukan bread and have a chicken sandwich add salad if pv day. ff yogurts or jelly are good. Recently made a Dukan meatloaf the recipe is on the recipe thread, very nice hot or cold. tomorrows lunch is sweet and sour chicken that i can put in the microwave at work. Boiled eggs are a good stand by too

Oh I forgot I also have regular salmon just poached with some salad, that is really nice M&S do it as part of their 3 for £10 deals so I buy a tray of 6 chicken legs, 2 salmon pieces and some prawns and that does a whole weeks lunches plus some nibbly bits or dinners if I had a tin.

I make my weeks supply of oven baked Dukan Bread* at the weekend (generally Saturday) so I have sandwiches every day. I go from poached salmon (from Tesco) mixed with extra light philly and black pepper (on PV days I'll include cucumber) to chicken + extra light philly, ham (not strictly allowed, but I've always had it) to turkey sausages, etc. On PV days I'll add tomato / lettuce as well.

* link to Baked Dukan Bread: Dukan Bread |

Adjustments I make:

6 tablespoons of Wheat Bran instead of 8
2 eggs with 1 egg white instead of 3 eggs
5 tablespoons of Fromaige Frais instead of 4 FF and 1 low fat Natural Yogurt

I usually get about 12 slices out of it. And you can eat 2 a day, but no more or you'll go over your limit. You can only start to use this on Cruise as there is Wheat Bran in it which is not allowed on Attack.

Edit: Oh and buy a silicon loaf tin.....a must!

Not wrong there, I bought a whole range of silicon tins cos I needed them....and use them all in different ways.

I use the breadmaker for making bread, or i do the microwave version for a quick mini loaf with that days ration.

Thanks for all the ideas guys. I will have to get baking before surgery.. will be doing a combo of dukan and healing diet.. very similar luckily :)

Back