What do you put in the SOTW basket?

miss_emmajane

Silver Member
And if you have been SOTW, what is the best thing you got in there?

Free food/synned treats/homemade items? Wondering what to put in tomorrow as there is always lots of fruit :)

I normally put a mugshot or sugar free jelly rather than fruit just something for a wee change, would love to get some homemade treats tho xx

Just lately at our group people have been putting in things like tins of beans, tomatoes etc, others have been putting in Alpen Lights, Options sachets and pink 'n' whites.

Denise

I normaly put in an apple and an orange

beans, mugshots, pasta 'n' sauce, mushy peas, fresh veg ( if I've got to get some from lidl on the way.. ) etc..
basically whatever is "on offer" and keeps I buy lots of so I just grab something from the cupboard on my way out..

I usually choose from a small selection:
Fruit (normal or exotic e.g. lychees/mango/dragon fruit)
Yogurt (free ones)
Cereal bars (HExB ones)
Tinned goods (tomatoes, baked beans etc. just staples)
Low syn treats that are well labelled (e.g. treatsize chocs, lollypops, individually wrapped bikkies)

(I have received a face mask and some smellies at the xmas SOTW basket)

ah sodit.. I knew there was something I went to aldi for.. cous cous...
I'll stop in on the way home tomorrow if I remember..:)

Its an asda ready meal thing in a pink tin. It's really nice, especially if you add some onions, mushies, prawns and peppers to it, serve with rice it's like a wee easy indian curry (almost).

I only ever put fruit in. Have put in banana, apple, orange, melon,satsumas, mango and even a coconut!

I know our consultant often puts in other stuff like Bachelors rice, low syn jellies etc. - I have a cupboard full of these from the days I used to win SOTW!

Last edited:
I dont stay for meetings and i get their kinda earlyish but when i walk past the basket i always see fruit/veggies and healthy B cereals. Our class is very busy so im guessing the basket gets bigger by the end of the night.

xx

Yes we just put fruit in as well ... never really seen anything else in it to be honest but i may go with some of the other ideas on here so thank u xxxx

Ours used to be a couple of past their sell by date apples - until we overhauled the whole idea and started bringing hex Bs, low syn treats and packets of stuff like
Mugshots and lentil dhal etc.

If I forget to bring something I buy a pack of hifi or scan bran, usually I take dark choc mikado, lentil dhal, ainsley cous cous, or sula butterscotch sweets that are
like werthers but only 1/2 a syn each.

Sugar free jelly every time, sometimes with gelatine leaves and the recipe for jelly sweets. I massively underestimated how many jelly sweets a sachet makes, so now have so much gelatine and sugar free jelly, and don't like the sweets myself :p

Usually fruit, but lately have been putting in Mugshots, Beans etc.

Best thing that i have had in the basket when i have been SOTW was fresh chillies.

Careful Coconut isn't syn free!!!!

Back