What do you say to the doubtful?

I'm on day 8 of 100% TS and have lost 13lbs. I feel great for it...but what do you say to the people who can't help but question your loss and choice of diet?? I've today been told 'you can't lose more than 3lb of fat in a week' and feel almost like I've made this loss up!

There is always someone waiting to p*ss on your chips eh....!!!

xxxxx

I've not has this yet but I am fully prepared for it. I think you can explain the science behind it a bit like ketosis and how that burns fat. I wouldn't let them bother you they might be jealous that you are doing something to make your life better and theyre not. They also might be more comfortable with you stuck as the fat you and feel threatened that you are changing. This has happened to me before. I was no longer the fat friend and my role in a group of friends changed to being confident and happy.

Thank you! Its mainly from people doing other conventional diets...I should have known that making my weight loss public was not a good idea but what the heck, I'm proud of it.. X

Ignore people who are negative and just hold your head up high and trust your own judgment x

Plus I live 100 miles from all of my family so only my mum knows I'm doing it, your friends should support you in anything. Good luck you will be fine

My mum likes to try and put me if but i think its due to the fact she is trying to lose weight as well by calorie counting

People are just jealous sometimes. They see a Plan like this and think "I could never do that!"
But get jealous when other people actually CAN do it!

If anybody says anything to me like "That's not healthy", I just reply with "Well being over 21st was not healthy either and nobody expressed their concerns for my health then!"

People are very jealous and can be a bit unhelpful at times! Just you keep doing what you are doing! 13lbs= WOW!

Jem xxxxx

Apart from my immediate family and my best mate, nobody knows I'm doing Exante.
If ever I'm asked if I'm dieting I will say I'm just eating less crap! :D

I have read up on all the science behind VLCDs and ketosis and can tell them exactly how and why it works , they cant argue with you when they know nothing about it !!!!

You can't argue with science!!! :D xxxxxxxx

I'm with you gigglepants, that's what I say and make up some random date weeks before when I started so that people think its taken longer to loose. I say that they have properly only just noticed cos I'm wearing different clothes!!

SlimmerDreams said:
I'm on day 8 of 100% TS and have lost 13lbs. I feel great for it...but what do you say to the people who can't help but question your loss and choice of diet?? I've today been told 'you can't lose more than 3lb of fat in a week' and feel almost like I've made this loss up!

There is always someone waiting to p*ss on your chips eh....!!!

xxxxx

I used to tell everyone that I had given up butter, booze and biscuits! Why they pondered that I just carried on.

I found I kept it to myself but now - six stones and half lighter I challenge them to say VLCD are bad. Never felt better in my life.

GSQ

I wouldn't care what people say about my choice of diet and I'd openly tell them. If I encountered negativity from someone as you have about "not being able to lose more than 3lbs weekly" I'd happily do a full on parade in front of them *choke on their words* when you continue to lose much more over the coming weeks/months :)
Slimmerdreams- you tell who you want when you want- YOU have took positive action in doing this- YOU ARE dropping weight. Wow 13lbs in 8 days is brilliant well done!
If anyone had a problem/disagreed/dis-believed then it's exactly that= THEIR prob not yours so be proud- you should be :)

Jem- you are absolutely right there- no one vents their opinion when you are overweight and unhealthy so what makes them think they have the right when you are actively taking positive action.

Another thing too, how long have we had the "healthy eating and exercise" "1lb a week loss" is the healthy thing to do. I'm not arguing it isn't healthy lots of people are blind to other options and that's fine of course, whatever works for them but it's not the right way for many, each to their own. I for one do not have the patience to go slowly slowly, I want rid of my fat, I already exercise and mostly don't eat badly but once I'm at the weight I want THEN I will have the motivation/kick up the ass to maintain it with more exercise.
There is so much info on ketosis and so many success stories/proof on forums like this, it's not really to argue with is it?

Just looking at posters stats and Wow! you guys are all doing so well x

I'd suggest you just take no notice of them, you're doing the diet that works best for you, when they start 'going on' at you, just smile, let them have their rant and think to yourself 'best I'll lose more weight than you this month' and smile.

Back