What do you spend your syns on ??

janiebaby

I joined yesterday and have done well and stuck to my HE's free foods , etc ,
but my syn count is a bit low .
what kind of things do you have ?
i'm advoiding alcohol ATM .
TIA

Hiya,

I use mine on wine, in 4wks I have only had 1 - 1/2lb gain and I haven't deprived myself at all. x

I'll have reduced fat icecream (2-3 syns) between two skinny wafers (1/2 syn each) and feel like Ive had a real treat!!

Also the odd digestive light, french fries crisps etc.

I never have one big treat like a bar of choc as I like having the option of a few things. Also once I get that choc taste Im GONE! and thats me eating the rest of the pack, going to the shop to buy more etc.

I guess its about knowing your limits and what kicks you off plan.

Ive got a hen night coming up, so Im in need on a flex night as Ive been tee-total on the plan but cant resist a girls night blow out!

During the week it will be things like salad dressings and hellmans extra low mayo. Once a week I have a mini bar of Moser-Roth 85% chocolate, you get 5 bars in a big bar (if you follow my drift) all individually wrapped , they are 7 syns, and of course there's the wine at the weekend.
I was asking our leader last night as I'd been having 10 a day and she said to try 15 and not restrict myself as I was just starting and could cut them down later. You may find if you don't have them your weightloss will be slow.

Oooh, I luuurve Curlywurlys. Wish we could get them here (insert drooling smiley here!)

Mine go on olive oil when I can't HexB it (He Who Thinks He's Boss sadly is boss in the kitchen and refuses to use FryLight) and then the rest ...

BEER AND WINE :D:8855::party0036:

i use mine for treats at night such as a bag of french fries or a glass of wine, although recently i've been having them during the day for something different. Today i'm having a low fat sausage with pasta and tomato sauce for lunch and i'm really looking forward to it!

I normally have chocolate or crisps, depending what mood i'm in. I did use them for alcohol at the weekend but that just led me to binge on sweets and crisps, sooooo i stoped drinking for a while just to see how it goes and my losses have been quite good x

Last week it was haribo and whiskey :D, this week it looks like rice cracker snacks and black bean sauce.

Mine are red wine at the weekend and on occassion I like mini creme eggs straight out of the freezer at 2 1/2 syns each,

I use mine on wine, sauces, sesame oil, merrangues, low syn sausages. It is mostly wine at the w'ends though! ;) I've not had much sweet stuff recently but further along the journey, I expect I'll be wanting to use it on chocolate too. :D

I use mine for a little bit of dark chocolate after lunch (3.5 syns). In the evening I often make my fave pudding of berries, yogurt and a meringue nest (2.5 syns). I also have extra ryvita sometimes (1.5 syns) if I feel the need for something bread-like!

At the weekend I have gin or vodka and cliline tonic or diet coke (2.5 syns per shot). Or the odd small glass of wine.

Last edited:
I don't drink or eat eat stuff like chocolate, crisps or biscuits so I use my syns to broaden the range of foods I eat and recipes I can use. I might use them on extra HEBs, cheese, olive oil, butter, stock, curry paste, bagels/pitta/wraps, cereal bars etc.

Back