What do you tell others?

Fiestywoman

Hiya
Will be starting TS tomorrow and hubby and my family are behind me all the way but I'm really not sure what to tell others?

Work is ok as I normally have lunch on my own and I can have a shake at morning break without too much fuss hopefully. We've been invited out to family for dinner in a few weeks, they are the kind of folks who like to feed you until you are fit to burst and give you booze until you are unfit to walk (and I've always been happy to oblige!). I don't want to turn down the invite as I can't possibly expect OH to put his life on hold but I don't want to 'stand out'.

What do you normally do and do you find a lot of opposition to a meal replacement diet?

Thanks

they are the kind of folks who like to feed you until you are fit to burst and give you booze until you are unfit to walk (and I've always been happy to oblige!).

Hi and welcome. Well the simple answer is that no-one is going to force the food and drink down your throat. You are in control of what you eat and drink, no-one else is. I really appreciate what you say, I come from a family of big eaters and huge portions (which got me, somewhat, to the size I started at!). But at the end of the day, it's your choice, your body.

Spending time with family is enough to show them you love them. The food really doesn't matter, at the end of the day.

:)

Hiya
Will be starting TS tomorrow and hubby and my family are behind me all the way but I'm really not sure what to tell others?

Work is ok as I normally have lunch on my own and I can have a shake at morning break without too much fuss hopefully. We've been invited out to family for dinner in a few weeks, they are the kind of folks who like to feed you until you are fit to burst and give you booze until you are unfit to walk (and I've always been happy to oblige!). I don't want to turn down the invite as I can't possibly expect OH to put his life on hold but I don't want to 'stand out'.

What do you normally do and do you find a lot of opposition to a meal replacement diet?

Thanks

HI this is tough when you first start but is actually not that difficult to manage. When this happens to me or I get invited to some work thing that involves eating I treat is a 'add a meal week' for a part of a day. I don't do the packets when I am out - either take it before or when I get home - so no one knows.
As the folk around me get more drunk no one notices that I have covered my plate with a serviette and have only eaten a small portion of protein. Don't turn it down, go and master it. Begin to eat like a thin person - small portions then push it around until it gets lost. I find no one actually notices, I say things like 'Oh that was lovely', great, yes I have had plenty. Loved the dessert (pretend I have eaten it). Before you know it, it ends and you have learnt that there are other ways of enjoying yourself.

Good luck, the results are worth a bit of innocent deceit!
GSQ

See to be honest you'll find folk aren't that bothered. I fessed up at work as soon as I started this and it was a 5 min wonder. Now they're all used to me just having shakes and no one so much as bats an eyelid :)

Same with friends. Some curiosity but they all respect my decision

Thank you all! Great advice.

I think that I will 'fess up' straight away in work although I'm not looking forward to all the questions. Great advice about the dinner party, I've only started today and don't quite have my head around eating a meal, I thought that was in the future, obviously I will need to brush up on my Exante knowledge! :thankyou:

Back