What do you tell people?

I would disagree that most slimming clubs feed you a load of nonsense. They just provide a different way of doing and looking at things. What works for one person doesn't for another. I hope to rejoin slimming world once I'm done on this because as great as a VLCD is for losing weight you can't keep doing one to maintain, whereas a slimming club should help you find a healthier way to eat.

Did u see the panorama (think it was them, a documentary) about them??? Really interesting!!! I'll try and find the link!!! X

Dispatches.... Weight watchers how they make their money!!! Can't really comment on slimming world to be fair! I don't know how it works!!! So I shouldn't lump them in really!! X

I haven't told anyone (or lost much weight to be fair) but at my lightest, a colleague sidled up to me, all concerned and asked whether I was poorly. I honestly think she feared I was terribly ill!! What's worse is that I would almost rather she think that than tell her I'm doing this!!! In the actual event i just muttered something about life being a bit mad at the mo!

I am not taking abuse over my decision. That may make me weak....x

Dispatches.... Weight watchers how they make their money!!! Can't really comment on slimming world to be fair! I don't know how it works!!! So I shouldn't lump them in really!! X

Oh I've heard about that and them selling all their products and stuff. At the end of the day it's a business. We're all sat here because we are using products from a specific company who's business is losing weight. Slim and save promote their own products and have things like shakers and tape measures you can buy off their site. Afraid this is how ALL slimming companies work. Think slimming world is one of the only ones I've found so far that doesn't do this as much as many others.

I think slimming clubs and every way of helping people to lose weight have their place... Everyone is different and different methods are needed to help people

My point above, (which probably got buried in the rant, sorry!) was that I don't think there is a right or a wrong way to lose weight, but no matter what method you use, whether fast or slow, it will make no difference unless you change what you used to do once you hit goal. If you instantly go back to what you have always done with all the bad habits, the weight will come back on... That is what people don't seem to understand and why there is a myth that diets don't work...

What amused me about Slimming World was the leader was the heaviest in the group having lost 7 stone and put on that and more all while being a leader. It really doesn't matter which diet you choose, we all know losing weight is calorie deficit. We chose slim and save because it gives us our vits while have lowest cals possible so therefore bigger calorie deficit. I will be telling people to mind their own lol

exactly, I have been to a ww group like that where the leader was basically heavier than quite a lot of the members, the thing is you would think the leader should be the shining example of weight loss and maintaining that weight loss! ;-)

I think at the end of the day any of the well known diets can work if you are in the right frame of mind and put in the effort, the thing is I think ultimately people are different and what suits one person diet wise will not suit another. I have done the whole calorie controlled thing of 1200-1500 kcals and it worked but the weight loss was slower than I would like, I'll readily admit I am an inpatient wotsit and need to see results hence why I am giving S&S a go, its an each to their own I guess. I am still keeping it hush hush though as I think its basically my business what I do and when people start seeing the difference I will decide whether I tell them or not, prob will not though. I already know many people who have a chip on their shoulder about VLCDs so really don't see the point in getting unwanted hassle! Em

Lulu has really hit the nail on the head, there is not a single diet on this planet that won't work if you stick to it, but none of them I've come across with only one exception, actually looks at why you got the point of needing to lose weight and give you the skills to keep it off. And why would they - its bad for business if you're too successful! I'll not get on my soap box about conspiracy theory and all that, but it is often these organisations sponsoring studies and putting the word out there about how dangerous vlcd's are - they are to them cause they'll have no punters left!

My absolute ambition would be to be able to provide conclusive proof about the long term safety of vlcd's AND equip folk with the life skills to keep it off once they'd lost it. It's blooming powerful stuff understanding overeating, I'd so love to be qualified to spread the word!

Aww bless you lulu, thank you for saying that :)

I think these diets work as there is a great calorie deficit aswell but it is the low carb that works!!!! As look at atkins.... Not necessarily low cal.... Its eating the right things....

Most low fat is high processed carbs..... You're body is built to use fat and protein.... You can get all the carbs you need from fruit and veg!!!

Sugar is also the devil.....

Lol...

X

I don't tell anyone! Only very close family and friends.

When I did lipotrim I went to see my doctor to check it was ok and she said it was fine, she said I will prob be getting more vitamins then I am now, and it was healthier to lose the weight this way then be so over weight. So as far as I'm concerned my doctor has given me the ok so I don't care what others think xx

Back