What do you think...help

mia_angel

Silver Member
At the moment ive been doing red days for nearly three weeks. And already seen a difference in my face and clothes.

But im starting to really crave carbs now. Do you think i should have one day on the weekend as a green day, so i get my carb fix for the week....i miss jacket potato (proper size one lol)

What sort of things can i have that are healthy as i have to be really careful cause i dont loose weight when i eat too many carbs.

:)

Why do you want to stick to red days. If you are fancying a jacket potato then have one, that's the beauty of SW you don't have to stick to the same thing.

Pasta, rice, jacket potatoes, SW chips are all healthy in moderation. Just have enough to satisfy your carb craving & don't stuff yourself.

Because i dont loose weight when i eat carbs, it has to be a small amount....so i thought if at least do a green day and have healthy carbs then i wont feel so deprived

I only do green days with the odd extra easy day added in to allow some meat. I normally do those at the weekend so I can have spag bowl or a roast.

I struggle with carbs too, and since I have changed to red days I always have an EE Saturday which is fakeaway night. I mostly have SW chips and something, and I always have a mountain of them!! I lost my last 1 and half stone doing that, so if you are craving carbs, have some!!

Helen xxx

If you have problems with bloating when eating carbs, have you tried doing EE but sticking to wholegrain pasta and rices etc and new potatoes in theirs skin and sweet potatoes instead of the larger white potatoes.

It is only the white carbs you should avoid really as they are stripped of all their goodness and have no health benefits at all.

I dont recommended cutting out carbs completely, as we all need some in our diet, you just need to chose the right ones.

Also if you want to bulk up your red day meals a bit, then butternut squash is the way to go. It is lovely cut up into chunks, sprayed with frylight and sprinkled with some salt and paprika and then baked in the oven and is of course completely FREE on a red day.

Thanks Helen, think i will do that then sort of feels like a special treat as well lol but i still want to eat health carbs ;)

like britmum said, butternut squash roasted is gorgeous!! I either have that or roasted swede or roasted beetroots instead of roast potatoes for my sunday roast, I find them much tastier!

Helen xxx

oh yes i love butternut squash have it quite a lot...i will stick to brown rice and pasta and have sweet potato....thanks girls

oh yes i love butternut squash have it quite a lot...i will stick to brown rice and pasta and have sweet potato....thanks girls

there are also lots of other healthy whole grains you can try instead of rice too, such as bulgar wheat, millet etc if you find you struggle with certain carbs.

Back