What do you use your Syns for?

JoC

Silver Member
Some of us save our Syns for a treat others use them for sauces etc for cooking. I thought it would be interesting to see how we all use our Syns and what things we have as a treat to help keep us on track.

Hey! I use mine for;
Ketchup
Treat sized choc
Crisps
Scan bran
Laughing cows
Hot chocolate
Salad cream
Can't think of anything else right now lol x

emlou119 said:
Its cheese for me. I'm terrible for cheese and 28g is not enough! I have tried the reduced fat one so that I can have more but its not the same. Other than that it could be anything, lol!

Have you tried the low low or cathedral city low fat ones?? I have them and don't really notice a difference and you get 42g xxx

I use mine for
ketchup
salad dressing
hot choc (Highlights)
Alpen light bars
occasionally a Weighwatchers cornetto

I'm on red so will syn a 2nd potato , and have the low low mayo,ketchup and alpen bars.
I would rather use syns for 'food' then treats because I worry that once i start I wont stop !!

Mine are usually used for things like

Cooking sauces
WW crisps are a fav at 4 syns
Sugar free jelly
Mini chocolate bars
Extra light Mayo

I tend to make sure I only eat things that have under 5 syns, and then it means I get to have a couple of treats rather than just 1.

I use mine on cooking sauces or a bag of crisps, curly wurlys and on Saturdays I use 9 syns on a big White crusty roll! X

I always spend mine on a standard sized bar of chocolate! I would feel deprived otherwise, and it's something to look forward to in the evening, and keeps me on track.

Hi,

In the first couple of weeks i struggled to use my syns but now I'm using them properly!
Eating out
Sausages in meals
ELF Mayo and make garlic Mayo with it
Packet mixes like Schwartz when I'm short on time, range between about 3 and 6 syns then split between 2 of us.

Not really used any for treats like crisps and chocolate it's been 6 weeks and I'm not missing it yet but it won't be long so I'm sure I'll have to start using some syns just to make my diet fit into normal life for when I'm at target!

I use mine with:-
extra light mayo
tomato ketchup
gravy
french fries (crisps)
freddo frogs
sugar free jelly
tom puree
vodka
wine
sloe gin
am sure there are loads more, but they are my main ones.

and as I am at target if my syns have been relatively low all week I sometimes have a takeaway, and very naughty and don't syn it!!:innocent0002: But I def don't use 15 syns a day, I also don't eat for the sake of it now either, I am now counting down my syns weekly, I have a little whiteboard on my fridge and everything I eat synwise gets crossed off and counted down.

Helen xxx

wine, bacardi, vodka - we like to have a drink on Friday and Saturday nights..

EV olive oil
butter - had HEB of toast and marmalade this morning - YUM
squirty cream for strawbs
extra cheese on cheesy dishes
ketchup or HP sauce for grill-ups

Back