what does it take to put on lbs?

debtin

Gold Member
MORNING everyone, had a few bad days where I have ate rubbish...no excuses but aiming to get back on plan Straigt away. IT has got me thinking though......how much do you need to eat to gain weight?

It depends.

My husband follows plan VERY loosely but loses far more than me.

If I fall of the wagon like I have this week I will gain straight away!

It's funny we know what it takes to lose it but not how much Extra calories to gain it...would be interesting to know how many cal make up one pound tho as you say we are all different. FEEL really yucky for coming off plan but least its given me back some motivation x

I lb of fat is equal to 3500 calories. Why do I put on weight on a 'bad' week when I know I've not had that many extra calories.

I'm not sure if the '3500 cals = 1 lb' theory stands anymore. I believe that study was done many years ago but I think more recent studies say that that is not actually the case.
3500 calories worth of mango, for instance, is not the equivalent to 3500 calories worth of steak.! Yes, they are both worth 3500, but there are other factors such as the protein and fat etc and how our bodies process these.
I honestly think our bodies are a lot more complex than calories in verses calories out.
Food for thought eh?!!!

Our consultant says that 1lb in weight is equal to eating 16 doughnuts worth of calories .... good job i dont like doughnuts!!! hahaha

I had a piece of cake today but been good the rest of the week on the whole so why do I feel sooooo guilty for having a piece of birthday cake?! Crazy innit.

dreamslim said:
I had a piece of cake today but been good the rest of the week on the whole so why do I feel sooooo guilty for having a piece of birthday cake?! Crazy innit.

Yes! Completely crazy! Stop thinking about food as bad or naughty & you will stop feeling guilty. 1 piece of cake will not ruin an otherwise 100% week - unless your one piece was the size of a whole cake?

Also, stop thinking about being 'good' all week. It reinforces the 'bad' and guilt, and feelings of deprivation. Just think of it as on plan - & the cake was your syns.

kingleds said:
Yes! Completely crazy! Stop thinking about food as bad or naughty & you will stop feeling guilty. 1 piece of cake will not ruin an otherwise 100% week - unless your one piece was the size of a whole cake?

Also, stop thinking about being 'good' all week. It reinforces the 'bad' and guilt, and feelings of deprivation. Just think of it as on plan - & the cake was your syns.

Well it wasn't the whole cake, was a pretty respectable size for me. Haha. The cake was sadly extra to my syns :-( couldn't resist though, should still be ok for the week overall though. I just panic that that one piece of cake can make me gain, weird that I can be on plan all week and feel slightly apprehensive about wi but one piece of cake and I'm convinced that I'll gain. Haha. It's purely coz it's day before wi though, worry about a lot of foods then. Lol.

LAdies I have been doing the whole "good" and bad thought and it doesn't work. HAVe went off plan big style. the guilt escalates to the point I felt guilty so ate more etc then it continues...but the good to come out is I can't wait to get back on plan tom. HAVE missed it. The food I thought I missed I don't. EXTra gain at wi will be expected but for first time am not dreading It. Good luck x

Back