What does ketosis mean?

Want2bethin

I am really embarrested to actually ask this question, but nobody has ever actually explained to me what it even means.

I gave up on day 2 of CD last week and someone said i would of gone out my ketosis, but what does that mean.
I gave up strictly because the flavors put me off, but yesterday was given some other flavours and i love the Chocolate shake, strawberry shake and spicy tomato soup.
So day 1 starts on Wednesday again, as my CDC thinks that if i was having problems with the flavours once i found the ones i like, thats when she will class my first day being.
Because i gave up on my diet last week, but re-start fresh again tomorrow, does that mean i am going to suffer with this ketosis thing for the rest of the diet, i just don't understand..

& i feel absolutely stupid for not knowing haha.. I feel a right idiot.

ketosis merely means that our bodies are using fat for energy. When people eat less carbohydrate, their bodies turn to fat for energy. So on the CD your body is eating no carbs so it starts burning your fat. It is when you go into ketosis (after 3 or 4 days I think) that you will stop feeling hungry

Also really important to note that Ketosis is one thing and Ketoacidosis is another!

Some people can get confused and interchange the two but the latter is a dangerous medical condition where as Ketosis is a normal state caused when the body burns fat for energy instead of carb stores.

Remember there is never a stupid question!! When following a plan such as this, you should always ask questions!!

x

Back