WHAT EXERCISE are you doing?

I go to the gym 3/4 times a week, but generally try to walk more.

Once I have lost more though I will try and do more class based stuff such as boxercise etc instead of the gym.

hey soccermom,which plan on sw are you on? your losses are amazing!!!!!! :) x

i am doing the C25K and am repeating week 3 at the moment, due to an accident a few weeks ago.
i walk my dog in the mornings and evenings. i sometimes go on my exercise bike, i have a cross trainer which i havent used for ages and i also have a wii which i love and need to go back on it. i think my problem is, is that i have so many different things to use i never know what to go on. does anyone else have that problem, thats not to take into account my exercise dvd's.

Hiya, I do a bit of walking with the dog and have recently joined a military fitness class in a local park. It's a great laugh, prob about 100 of us all running about having a great laugh. Would highly recommend.

hey soccermom,which plan on sw are you on? your losses are amazing!!!!!! :) x

Thank you x I do mostly EE with red thrown in for good measure.

I dont always follow the 1/3 superfree though but dont over indulge in the free food. However do eat plenty of veg with my tea.

If you want to check my day to day its on the food diary section under soccermoms 11 weeks @ 100%.

I have set myself a wee challenge :D

I have gone from couch potato to doing 2 body combat classes a week, now that Im getting the hang of that I have decided to mix it up a bit and have added in an x-biking class - have no idea what it entails but I am going in half an hour! Actually starting to enjoy the exercise - can highly recommend doing classes and booking them in advance it makes it so much more fun!!!

I do Body Attack twice a week and Body Combat 2-3 times a week. Will sometimes go for a swim or a Body Pump class. Anyone do spinning
/RPM cos i really want to try but i'm scared i'll die of tiredness or lack of fitness lol x

I gym twice a day at the moment 6 days a week! Mainly because my gym is right next door :D I know I'm probs doing abit too much and it will be cut down abit soon! My gym doesn't run classes although I'd love to do them if they did!

I am new to SW only a few weeks in but not losing enough to satisfy me so I joined the local gym. I went to a gym years ago and havent been now for about 8 years. I like it so far. I am mixing up strength training and calorie burning. One surprising thing I have found is that if you tilt the treadmill up and walk - you use up just as many calories as if you run! I also try to cycle to work - 14 mile round trip but when the work day is long it is easy to jump in the car. Ideally I would cycle 3 times a week to work and gym 3 times a week - gotta have a goal I suppose. I will be interested to see if I have lost any weight this week as the extra exercise must surely build up muscles eh?

I have a pedometer try & do at least 10,000 steps a day find myself going up & down the stairs if I get a bit low

Love my wii fit too

I have found a fitness programme in my area that offers free classes, so Ive been swimming a couple of times and done Zumba dancing. I like them both so trying to go to at least once a week to swim and once a week to zumba

I have just started SW this week but i do a walk/jog program 5 days a week, and i do the Biggest Loser weight loss yoga DVD 4 times a week. I have been doing this for two weeks and i feel brilliant. i have signed up for a Military Bootcamp that starts on the 4th October as i feel like i need to be pushed that little bit harder for motivation.
As i said its only my first week on SW, so hopefully the combination of exercise the SW plan will be successful! x

None. Zilch. Nada! lol I hate getting sweating in a gym. I do walk my dogs for 2 hours a day. Oh and I do go on the Wii. Oh and I've just taken up running :eek:

But apart from that I hate exercise :D

Margy it's more like bouncing atm :eek: I'm hoping to develop my unique 'style' (best viewed from a helicopter :eek: lol) into a stylish jog eventually :D

Thanks for the shoe advice xxx I've invested in some good running shoes. (well the bloke in the shop said they were good and the price tag suggested they were too) My feet look like professional runners.........until I set off! :8855:

Ha ha Bev you nutter - my stepson went to a running shop in the week cos he has been having trouble with his joints when running at the gym and one of the trainers saw his 'normal' trainers and said that is your problem.

Anyhoo he goes to the running shop and they video him running and show him the result - which is that he is landing on the outsides of his feet. They tried a pair on him and did it again and still not right. they try a second pair and hey presto the padding in the right place makes sure that he is now running perfectly straight!

He is not really feeling the benefit yet as he is running on already injured joints but at least he is not getting worse - hence the shoe advice! :eek:

Last edited:
Oooo I'd like to try the video thing! My shop didn't do that :eek: Maybe my shoes aren't that good after all! Maybe it's their fault I'm bouncing :D lol

I didn't realise they were so individual :eek: Mmmmmm I have much to learn grasshopper :D

Thanks xxx

Margy I went to one of those shops last week - couldnt believe how bad my previous trainers were, now Ive actually got comfy trainers for my flat feet and I dont waddle like a duck lol

Back