What exercise do you do?

running around after my two youngest. chasing after naughty teenagers at work. swimming with my boys and i try to do 15mins a time on my cross trainer. also i like to get up early and do a Davina work out. (which depends on my 3 year old letting me sleep through the whole night!!!!)

I try to do an hours walking about 3 times per week, with the odd rosmary dvd. I would love to get a bike and go cycling though x

Well I used to do nothing other than walk the kids to school 2 days a week but since last week I have started walking for a couple of hours or swimming, and I am quite enjoying it,

Yes I do karate and kick boxing and I have my karate black belt grading in September

Wow, good luck with the Black belt training Taz! I used to do karate too (got to 3rd kyu in Shotokan) but had to give up training when I got a knee injury (I fell on an icy pavement!!). The stances aggravate the injury now. :cry:

I'm currently training for the Race for Life in about 3 weeks time, so have been going to the gym 3 times a week, using the treadmill - I'm following a beginners 5k training programme which I found on t'internet. :whacky068:

Good luck with the training/exercise everyone! Keep it up! :D

I never used to do anything, but now play badminton for 1 hour per week and do an exercise class once a week (aquaerobics or 'bums, legs and tums'). I also make myself walk to the shops rather than get the car .............. although I have to admit this is A LOT easier when the weather is nice!

xxx

Wow, good luck with the Black belt training Taz! I used to do karate too (got to 3rd kyu in Shotokan) but had to give up training when I got a knee injury (I fell on an icy pavement!!). The stances aggravate the injury now. :cry:
I know what you mean, I have Hypermobility Syndrome and had to have an operation on my knee at the end of 2006 and they will never be strong or pain free so the stances are a real trial. Such a shame you had to give up after getting so far. I'm only a 7th Kyu in kickboxing and my physiotherapist told me to give it up. So I gave up physio!

I know what you mean, I have Hypermobility Syndrome and had to have an operation on my knee at the end of 2006 and they will never be strong or pain free so the stances are a real trial. Such a shame you had to give up after getting so far. I'm only a 7th Kyu in kickboxing and my physiotherapist told me to give it up. So I gave up physio!

oh my goodness - I'm hypermobile too! Never come accross anyone the same!!!

Snowboarding made it really bad so I can't do that anymore :(

I've broken both my feet multiple times because of it and it's really hindered the way I exercise... I can't do things like areobics or running which have high impact of knees and feet etc...

I do however LOVE spinning and swimming.. and found this works well for me

oh my goodness - I'm hypermobile too! Never come accross anyone the same!!!

Snowboarding made it really bad so I can't do that anymore :(

I've broken both my feet multiple times because of it and it's really hindered the way I exercise... I can't do things like areobics or running which have high impact of knees and feet etc...

I do however LOVE spinning and swimming.. and found this works well for me
OMG there are 2 of us on here! I find the cross trainer a real pain cus of my knees, I get annoyed sometimes cus my mind is willing, my fitness is good enough but my knees say no. I love swimming but as I started swimming again soon after my op I got into the habit of swimming with just my arms so I have to keep reminding myself to use my legs!

Back