what exercise does everyone do?

nicolaann

was just wondering what exercise everyone does to help with weightloss? do u go the gym or work out at home? esspecially if you work out at home what do you do?

at the min i cant afford the gym or find the time with the 4kids and i cant go swiming just yet as totm hasnt gone back to normal yet after having the baby.. but very keen to exercise to help with the losses and tone up, ideally something at home..

im planning on doing a few mile walk a few times a week pushing the pram
(double buggy, god help me!) as im not fit nough to jog yet but wondered what everyone else was doing?

nic x
:party0019:

exercise routine is one of the things i've really been struggling with but am going to start walking .. have got some old ankle weights that i used before when i was walking and hope to get up to using them some days and start jogging others.

I'm also going to dig out my bike and start cycling again; i used to cycle all around london when I lived there but since moving I've found it really hard to get back into the swing of it.. But now the weather is improving i'm getting more motivated because I keep remembering last summer and feeling crap because i felt i couldn't find summery clothes to fit.

I walk about 45mins mon-fri - School run lol, I'm sure you get enough exercise running around after your children :)

GoreyGirl... london is flat, ireland is anything but....... i used to cycle the antrim coast a lot when i was younger lovely view etc etc now don't have the energy when i am visiting home let alone the time

i need to pull the bike out the shed too... i dont do any exercise **blush** !!
Well walk to and from the car park!

I am so fortunate, i have a treadmill, cross trainer, health rider and weights, plus my wii. The one thing i don't have is motivation. But this really is gonna have to change, i know the summer seems like a life time away while the weather is so crap at the moment, but the thought of being tussled up in baggy clothes this year sends me do-dally.

well i just do my treadmill when my lil lady goes to bed shes 3 and i work all day while shes in montessori. but i realised tonight that the more i sat and thought about getting on it for 50 minutes the less i wanted to,so i stopped and said to myself get up! lol..its done now i feel great! but with 4 kids i agree with queenvic that you must get enough,id say you would burn just as much calories as i would walking on the treadmill each day!! lol...

i know i should be stick thin! while i was preg with my last one i had spd were your hips seperate slightly, i was in agony and couldnt walk without crutches or at all towards the end.. he nearly 5 weeks old now and its finaly settling down in the last week (i think the weightloss i had last week with LT helped tho) and im so raring to go.. im thinking of gettin me and my eldest skipping rops and doing that outside with her and playing 30 mins of football with my 2nd eldest in the garden.. hes got so much energy its un real! hes like a puppy chasing pigeons allt he time so hopefully hell have me running everywhere! its so frustrating the lack of time and money to go to a gym but well be inventive!!

i started going to the gym and its fab, pricey tho :( but i kind of figured the crap i used to eat probably cost that each month so really when i look at it like that i dont mind

i get free gym thru work which is walkin distance from work, but then its a 30mile drive afterwards and so im not home til late, dont fancy dinner and talk my self out of it

i have an eliptical at home called a Gazelle
and i do 60 minutes on it
i'm in need of doing the fit ball with weights, and i'm just so tired at the end of the day, but i'm THINKING about it...hoping with more weight loss i'll have more energy for a 2nd workout in the evenings

I use the wii, got lots of different games for it but like others, require the motication to actually do it.

I find my weight loss is better when I walk a couple of miles a week. I have a sports tracker on my phone so aim for about 2 miles each time. Takes about 20 mins and is free, which is always a bonus. Though the weather lately has stopped my walks, far too much rain!

you can make use of everyday things to exercise at home, for instance use the bottom stair to do step ups, pumping up,down, forward and to the sides while holding a tin of beans or something similar in each hand will help tone up muscles. Doing squats (using a chair for support if necessary) or press ups on the floor (or against a wall if thats a problem) as well as a good brisk walk each day if poss, are all ways of working out at home.

i normally go for 60 minutes really brisk walk plus i do 15 mins dancing lol i'm really starting to enjoy it. and it burns over 400 calories per day

Back