What exercise does everyone do?

I do bootcamp 3 times a week,I run 5k twice a week and on my 'off' evenings I do a mile sprint on the treadmill followed by 20 inclined sit ups,50 lunges,50 body weight squats,30 burpees and plank for time. I'm in training for a 'spartan race' in 3 months xx

Thats pretty hardcore.... Your weight loss is amazing by the way.

gazter said:
Thats pretty hardcore.... Your weight loss is amazing by the way.

Thank u :) its built up gradually over the past few months to the point that I have to force myself to miss a day x

gazter said:
If you do thirty minutes of interval training on the treadmill, havent you more or less completed c25k anyway?

I am in the middle of week eight and i am only just hitting thirty minutes of non stop (the movement from interval to straight running is just a mental thing) running.

I am loving c25k though. I hated cross country with a passion while at school, but loving this (hating the run, but love the ability to do change my body from not being able to run sixty seconds to running for thirty minutes).

The interval training I do on the treadmill is a 5 min walk followed by 1 min jog then 3 min walk... I got the couch to 5k as was recommended to me as its gets you jogging the whole 5k and that's what I would like to do. Outside and not on a treadmill.
And like you I hated cross country at school in fact I hated PE full stop.. Funny how things change when you choose to do...
Well done on the c25k that takes some doing.

The interval training I do on the treadmill is a 5 min walk followed by 1 min jog then 3 min walk... I got the couch to 5k as was recommended to me as its gets you jogging the whole 5k and that's what I would like to do. Outside and not on a treadmill.
And like you I hated cross country at school in fact I hated PE full stop.. Funny how things change when you choose to do...
Well done on the c25k that takes some doing.

You will find the beginning of c25k quite a doddle, the good thing about it is the proven structure. If you follow the plan your body will be ready for the following week. It will get you through the first 20 minute run, which prior to doing it seems like the hardest thing in the world...

Going to down load c25k and forget the other one... Let you know how I get on if I'm still breathing after.

Am I being a bit thick here.. Lol are the couch to 5k and the c25k the same ??

I walk for 40 mins- 1 hour 5 times a week. I get in from work at around 5pm and before I even have time to sit down, my OH drags me out and we go for a brisk walk. When I get back, I feel energised and much better for being out in the fresh air. It means that it's all done by 6pm and the rest of the evening is mine. I hate gyms and formal exercise, so it's ideal. I've found that since doing this, walking has become a habit. I have to use the car for work, but if I'm going anywhere local eg to the shops or church or whatever, I walk.

sookie said:
Am I being a bit thick here.. Lol are the couch to 5k and the c25k the same ??

Yes they are :)

Im on week 4 of c25k going great guns :) I also do alot of walking aswell with the dogs! Often 2-3 hours a day! :) x

I did a couch 2 5K style programme about 4 years ago to take part in a race for life, unfortunately I got ill and was in hospital (horrible nightmare dental story that resulted in two ops) and couldn't do the actual 5K but when I got out of hospital I knew that running would help me get well and strong. The first few runs after the ops I had were painful but I kept going and ended up doing a half marathon a few months later as my first race. In two weeks I'll be doing the Edinburgh half marathon which will be my fourth half marathon so the next one has to be a full one don't you think?
Despite all the running I've still struggled to lose weight but have lost 9 lb over the last 5 weeks on Slimming World and have noticed massive improvements in my running heartbeat and speed and my legs and body are thanking me for the lighter load, think how happy my body will be when I offload another 18lb or so!

I walk at weekends (training for race for life in 5 weeks, was going to run it but doint with my aunt and she cant run), cardio boxing, wii fit and EA sports on the wii when i get time, swimming on tuesdays...thats about it to be honest

I like to do spinning at 7-8 a.m., gets it over and done with for the day.
I also enjoy..... fit ball, yoga, Aqua, gym, and 2 days of 18 holes of golf - more when I play well!
And taking my dog for his daily walks.
Working towards a Gold Award

I go to boot camp 3 evenings a week (45 minute sessions) and i try to run 5k twice a week. Sometimes i'll go swimming. I walk a couple of miles a day too..I'm another one doing Race for Life :)

A nice long walk over the coastal path, it has blown the cobwebs out!

I like to do classes (at the gym) rather than go on machines. I do Body Conditioning / Toning, Pump, Combat, Aerobics. Didn't get on with Step (no sense of direction) or Boxercise (gloves filled with other people's sweat - ick!!) If I go in the gym I don't push myself half as hard as I do in a class environment.

I do classes at the gym, zumba, powerhoop, body pump, body combat, core conditioning, CX Works and body attack!

I go for a 3 mile jog, wii & use a shake weight!

Wow you all do loads! I'm in my first week and have gone from pretty much nothing to doing 30 minutes of an aerobics DVD every morning (excpet yesterday cause the LO was poorly all day =[). That's not too bad is it? =/

Wow you all do loads! I'm in my first week and have gone from pretty much nothing to doing 30 minutes of an aerobics DVD every morning (excpet yesterday cause the LO was poorly all day =[). That's not too bad is it? =/

That's great!! You don't want to overdo it at the moment :) have you got a wii fit? I love it and I have the biggest loser on the wii too which is good :)

No, I used to have a wii when I lived with my mum but she loved it so much that I left it with her when I moved out... And the OH doesn't like them so might take a bit of blagging to get another one lol.

I mainly go to the gym, I try to do a mix of things, cross trainer, treadmill, bike, rower etc. I always get 10 minutes on the power plates as apparently thats meant to be the same as a 60 minute workout.
Class wise I do, Hydrospin and Aquafit and I also do swimming.
When I can't get to the gym too much like now for example as its half term I try to use my Wii and go on either Just Dance Sweat mode or I have the EA personal trainer and do a workout with that.

Back