What famous people have you met.

sonban

Addicted to Minimins
Ohh I have met a few.

Back in the good old East 17 days:eek: me and my friend saw them in the van after the concert and they said give us a scream girls and like love sick puppies we did :eek:.

One day shopping in Manchester me and my friend bumped into Mark Owen and he stood with us chatting for a good few mins and we were besotted with him after that:D

I went to Manchester Uniteds training ground when Eric Cantona use to play for them. There was loads of people screaming him and he came to me :D first and gave me his autograph but then he borrowed my pen to sign everyone else's then came looking for me to give me my pen back and gave me a kiss on the cheek and said thanks cant you tell I was well chuffed.

I saw David Beckham in Mcdonalds in Manchester before he got with Victoria. He threw a paddy because some girls started screaming his name then he stormed out.

Oh and I saw Gail Platt from Coronation Street shopping in Manchester too.

Right I think I have finished going on with my little old self for now.:D

Who have you met?

Jonathan Edwards, Triple Jumper
Deseree, Singer
John Stapleton, Presenter
Colin Salmon, Actor (Bond Film & others)
Angela Rippon, Presneter
Nick Robinson, Journalist
Gordon Brown, PM
Dawn Primorolo, MP
Ben Bradshaw, MP
John Prescott:mad: MP
Peter Hain, MP
Emma Kennedy, Journalist & Actor

Lots of others, can't think off the top of my head lol!

Princess Anne
Jason Donovan
Prunella Scales
Anthony Head
Henry Kelly
Nadia Sawalha
Most of the Casualty cast
Loads more that I can't think of right now

Oh blimey where to start!

I used to work in a pub and sere John Craven and Geoffrey Palmer their late night whisky.
I met most of the cast of Eastenders when Michelle was in it... Including Barbra Windsor and Letitia Dean back in the early 90's
I worked for a bit for charity at Capital FM in London and met Kenny Everett, Clive Warren and a host of other DJ's...
Mariella Frostrup when she was shopping in the Ralph Lauren store on Bond Street
Paul Shane (well, he lives in my town lol)
Quite a few footballers!
Lynda Bellingham (Oxo Mum)
Simon Mayo
Probably a few more that I have forgotten.

I've met Mini!!

Paul Henry........... Better known as Benny from Crossroads, he ran a pub in the Digbeth area of Bimingham called Billy's Bar and UB40 were regular customers.

Cool thread!

I've met Amy Lee from Evanescence (back in the day when I used to love them!) :eek:
Mark Hoppus, Travis Barker and Tom Delonge from (former) Blink 182
Cristina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil
Ina May Gaskin (my hero, love her seeing her again in October!)
Mary Cronk (another hero!)
Michael Odent
Denis Walsh
Jane Evans
Dame Karlene Davis (not really all that famous unless you know about RCM!)

Mine are pretty special people and most people are like 'yeah who?' but they're all people (bar Dame Karlene!) that I really look up to and admire and I was floating when I met them!

Sad aren't I :eek:

Ooh, I've met

Princess Diana
(when she was engaged, and very shy and giggly). Needless to say, we didn't chat much...just a Hello, are you having a good time (giggle, giggle) :D

Cliff Richard: Cooked and ate dinner with him

Aker Bilk: (oldies might remember the Clarinet player). Played a clarinet duet with him at a pub where I worked. Then went back to his flat

James Galway: I stole his golden flute for ages before he noticed:cool:

The Strawbs: Anyone remember that group? They came to our house for tea when they were at their height with 'Part of the Union'
Now I'm a union man
Amazed at what I am
I say what I think, that the company stinks
Yes I'm a union man

When we meet in the local hall
I'll be voting with them all
With a hell of a shout, it's "Out brothers, out!"
And the rise of the factory's fall

Oh, you don't get me, I'm part of the union
You don't get me, I'm part of the union
You don't get me, I'm part of the union
Until the day I die
Until the day I die

Cool song :D

Matthew Kelly: But only bumped into his trolley as ASDA :D and we apologised to each other.

Some famous newsreader who I chatted with for a couple of hours. Didn't have a clue he was famous until we finished talking and DH told me :D Still can't remember who is was...but DH says that anyone with an ounce of intelligence would have known :D:eek:

I dated Frank Sinclair (Chelsea Football Club) in the 90's - when I was thin on course lol.
Bruce Forsythe - he gave me a £40 tip and a bottle wine after I served him his meal in a hotel when I was a student.
Brit Ekland - served her room service.
I went to school with Jonathan Kerrigan (Casualty, Heartbeat, Mersy Beat etc).
I used to do kickboxing with Enigma from the current Gladiators show.

There are a few more but I cant think of them off the top of my head.

Nah...you're confusing him with Stevie Wonder :D I nicked the flute...not the piano:D

:D:D LOL Stevei Wonder is blind?????!!!!! :eek::eek:

Fraid so...Bless :D

Oh dear, I've tried to deny it for so long now. I suppose the only thing for me to do is stand up and be counted.....here goes!!

"I'm Carol and I'm follically challenged, vertically challenged, overweight, bad eyesight, tinnitus, sinusitis, ketosis breath, oh and I've started experiencing 'senior moments' too! :cry::eek:

Please be kind.....

Oh dear, I've tried to deny it for so long now. I suppose the only thing for me to do is stand up and be counted.

Well done, you managed to stand up :clap: That couldn't have been easy since someone moved your walking stick ;)

im famous.. i sang on blue peter.. i gave an interview about beadnell beach.. and i was on songs of praise.. and you know me.. so there you go.. lol.

x x

Who are you?:confused:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

No idea, just sitting here in this handbasket minding my own business.:whistle:

Actually, thinking about it, that's my walking stick. You just stay there on the commode. It looks comfy:cool:

No idea, just sitting here in this handbasket minding my own business.:whistle:

Actually, thinking about it, that's my walking stick. You just stay there on the commode. It looks comfy:cool:

Oh yes it is very comfy! :D Only trouble is I keep wanting to wee :confused: is that normal at our age? :D:D

At least it's not one of those ones from the local hospital with the wheels on! The embarassment of being pushed around on a wheely commode still hasn't left my memory 2 years later!! :eek::eek:

Back