1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

What food has syns that you wouldn't expect/don't understand?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Sticky, 24 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

I thought it would be fun and useful to each put down:

1 - a food which caught you out as you didn't realise the syn value

2 - something with a syn value but you don't know why it does

Mine are:

1 - Peas on red days! I used to do more green days, so ate a lot of garden peas as they're free on green. When I started doing more red I just (stupidly) assumed they were free like most veggies are. WRONG!!! a 28g portion is 1 syn...not much I know but I'd not even checked hehehe

2 - Hartley's no added sugar jellies (kids one and the 'grown up' ones. So the syn value is only 1/2 a syn so no biggie, but compared to muller lights there is chuff all in them! I don't understand why muller lights are free but the jellies aren't????

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. virgo149

virgo149 Active Member

My hubby queried this yesterday and wondered whether Mr Muller is married to the owner of SW???!!! :love047:

Some of these things really don't make any sense - there must be some sort of partnerships worked out?!

Not sure about No. 1 but for No. 2 - pasta n sauce and rice packets - why syn a whole pack at 1/2 syn?? Bizarre!

4. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

I was caught out with sweetcorn on a red day - when I first started I had tuna and sweetcorn and thought it was all free.....but the sweetcorn was 1½ syns.

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Just in case you don't know it's only the pre-prepared jelly pots that are 1/2 syns - the sachets of jelly crystals are 1 1/2 syns so still great value.

6. Loops25

Loops25 Well-Known Member

Today at the pub i had steak and jacket potato, and for some reason I thought mayo on the spud would be less syns than butter, boy was i wrong :( 5 syns for 1 tbsp and the little butter is 3 1/2 syns :(

No treat for me tonight then x

7. dino4

dino4 Well-Known Member

butter is a dodgy one. years ago when i first started sw i was told that the wee butter portions were 10 syns :eek: cant remember how much syn allocation i had back then (ten years ago or more) but it would be practically all of the daily allocation i would have imagined

8. dino4

dino4 Well-Known Member

first day i started this diet i had a packet of quavers and a cadburys fudge then i looked up the points thinking i was ok! so you could have imagined my shock when i realised how much of my daily allocation they had taken
    my motto now is "check before you take"