What food has syns that you wouldn't expect/don't understand?

I will succeed!!!
I thought it would be fun and useful to each put down:

1 - a food which caught you out as you didn't realise the syn value

2 - something with a syn value but you don't know why it does

Mine are:

1 - Peas on red days! I used to do more green days, so ate a lot of garden peas as they're free on green. When I started doing more red I just (stupidly) assumed they were free like most veggies are. WRONG!!! a 28g portion is 1 syn...not much I know but I'd not even checked hehehe

2 - Hartley's no added sugar jellies (kids one and the 'grown up' ones. So the syn value is only 1/2 a syn so no biggie, but compared to muller lights there is chuff all in them! I don't understand why muller lights are free but the jellies aren't????

xxx

2 - Hartley's no added sugar jellies (kids one and the 'grown up' ones. So the syn value is only 1/2 a syn so no biggie, but compared to muller lights there is chuff all in them! I don't understand why muller lights are free but the jellies aren't????

xxx

My hubby queried this yesterday and wondered whether Mr Muller is married to the owner of SW???!!! :love047:

Some of these things really don't make any sense - there must be some sort of partnerships worked out?!

Not sure about No. 1 but for No. 2 - pasta n sauce and rice packets - why syn a whole pack at 1/2 syn?? Bizarre!

I was caught out with sweetcorn on a red day - when I first started I had tuna and sweetcorn and thought it was all free.....but the sweetcorn was 1½ syns.

Just in case you don't know it's only the pre-prepared jelly pots that are 1/2 syns - the sachets of jelly crystals are 1 1/2 syns so still great value.

xxx

Today at the pub i had steak and jacket potato, and for some reason I thought mayo on the spud would be less syns than butter, boy was i wrong :( 5 syns for 1 tbsp and the little butter is 3 1/2 syns :(

No treat for me tonight then x

Today at the pub i had steak and jacket potato, and for some reason I thought mayo on the spud would be less syns than butter, boy was i wrong :( 5 syns for 1 tbsp and the little butter is 3 1/2 syns :(

No treat for me tonight then x

butter is a dodgy one. years ago when i first started sw i was told that the wee butter portions were 10 syns :eek: cant remember how much syn allocation i had back then (ten years ago or more) but it would be practically all of the daily allocation i would have imagined

first day i started this diet i had a packet of quavers and a cadburys fudge then i looked up the points thinking i was ok! so you could have imagined my shock when i realised how much of my daily allocation they had taken
my motto now is "check before you take"

Back