What foods do you...

Roz

...fill up on if you're having one of those always hungry days? Favourite sweet fix?

I'm getting through quite a lot of Muller light yogurts, and tons of grapes, which is my sweet fix. I'm a chocoholic and have an options before bed, and I really look forward to that treat.

I've been making the cous cous cake and the nutella "ferrero rochers".....both recipes on this site.

I have lots of sugar free jelly!
And chocolate fingers when I have a few spare syns as they are only 1.5 each!

ooooh choccie fingers... trouble is, could I only stick to a couple of them???

grapes have loads of sugar 20 is a portion..........too many's banana's and grapes can slow your losses...... my class leader says on one small banana's a day and one maybe 2 portion of grapes ......
try puttin strawberries in sugarfree jelly.......one pint made up is only a couple of syns.....and i get 4 servings out of that....

Yes I must admit i try to avoid biscuits as I could never stop at one or two.

I tend to eat yogurts, fruit, sugar free jelly, greek yogurt with honey, mini kit kat chunkies, choc options in fromage frais etc etc, but I am going to have a go at the cous cous cake as it sounds yum

well I eat at least 3 bananas a day and it doesn't slow my losses

I'm eating one or two bananas, but lots of grapes... but thinking about it, probably about 30 grapes a day. If I need a sweet fix I have a hand full. I'm losing.
I think we're all different, so maybe some people can't eat banana's but others can, just have to find out what you can and can't lose with.

i've seen it slow a people in my class in losin weight.......ask ya leader she will tell u........in your book the fruit that helps with weight loss have letters by them.........ss, s have a look

Eating 30 grapes is much better for you than caving in and gorging on chocolate Hun, so you munch away! Any Consultant will tell you that.
I dont really have a sweet tooth, Im more savoury, so on an always hungry day, I would have a green day and eat masses of potatoes or pasta.
I eat loads of syn free curries too!

Try a milk jelly (blancmange type of thing)

1 sugar free jelly
1 large tub VLF fromage frais

Make the jelly up with 1/4pt hot water, then add 1/4 pt cold. Mix it in with the fromage frais and put in the fridge. 2 syns for the whole thing. a bit more substantial than yogurts

Thanks Annie. I might try that!
I'm not much of a cook really, I tend to eat food as is... boring I know.

Yes Mrs V, I agree with that. Plus I'm happy eating what I'm eating, I don't feel like I'm on a diet. I would also prefer to eat this way and lose weight slower.

I will start trying to drink tea and apples, but if all else fails I will dip into my HEb weetabix and HEa milk, tends to fill me up for a while, and is warm and satisfying.

Those Hartley's sugar free jelly pots are handy to keep around for a sweet fix. And make me feel quite full. I've also recently discovered Diet Cherry Coke. That is lovely (and I'm not big on diet soft drinks generally) and is really nice for a sweet fix and the bubbles make you feel quite full for a while! I often have one in that period after lunch when you might want a snack for no particular reason. It helps me anyway!

Like 'V' I don't have a big sweet tooth, but I do get days I just want to eat and eat and eat! I fill up on Cottage Cheese, boiled eggs, cheesy pasta & Aldi yogurts. In fact, I have seen me eat them, in that order, and just go round in circles eating more and more til I'm full to bust! lol

just been reading all the posts. I've personally never had any trouble with grapes or bananas....they are free after all!!

Just thought I'd mention alpen light bars. You can have 2 as one of your HEX B and they have yummy flavours like choc orange and choc and fudge :D

They are also only 3 SYN for when you have run out of extras!

my leader was talking about this. she says that they are fine to have,and you can have as many as you want,as she said if it is a bannana or chocolate than of course you should have the bannana

Mugshots, muller lights, alpen lights, grapes and apples. But if I'm after a bit of 'stodge' I have smash and beans or homemade syn free chilli/curry.
I so love this plan!!

I have some cold eat smart sausages dipped in tomato sauce, they are fab and free, just syn the sauce if you want it. My dad asked if i was pregnant as every time he seen me i was eating cold sausages lol, he thought it was wierd.

On the banana issue opinion really seems to vary - my current consultant says eat as many as you like whenever you like - the consultant before that said not to eat more than 2 a day. There's a really wide view on it. Personally speaking I've had weeks where I've eaten 3 a day, every day and still had a great loss - but I bloke I used to go to group with couldn't eat them at all, he ate one a day every day for a week, but ate as normal for the rest of the week, exactly as he had been doing, and put on 3lb. I think it's genuinely one of those things where everyone is different.

Back