what happens at meetings?

Crys

I did try searching, but nothing came up.

what happens at meetings?
how long do you stay?
have you made any new friends?

Hi

I have only been to two groups, but my friend has been to two other groups - and apart from the weigh in they all seem to vary!

My consultant basically weighs everyone, and then in a group congratulates everyone on their loss/sts and checks if they know what happened if they gained. The rewards are given out, including slimmer of the week with a bag "free" food donated by the members.

Other groups run taster evenings, themes etc....will be interesting to see what everyone else says!

I haven't made any new friends, but I do really like the support of everyone in the group - its good to see that others struggle and then get on track.

well at my meeting the c deals with new starters first while the rest of us pay buy scan bran/bars and queue to get weighed then every one sits down and we buy raffle tickets for the draw until we are all done Wi then we go through losses and gains and awards for people staying (people who arent staying get there award at wi)

but tonight its taster week! so we get to try different munch! Altho i wont be staying this week as i have my mates kids

I have been 2 3 different groups. 1 which you just weighed and left and 2 that you weigh and stay.

The C talks the newbies through the plan as we all WI, we then buy raffle tickets and talk until 7:30 when our C tells us the online password, awards incl slimmer of the week and any other important news.

We then go around the droup dicussing the gains, loss, STS what everyone did differently or any new recipes etc.

Then we do the raffle to get prizes (usually food) and go home. Group starts at 7:30 and usually ends 8:45ish.

We have taster nights and things too some weeks and are currently having a competition against all other groups to add our losses together to try and win £1000 for a local cause :)

xxxx

My group runs roughly the same way as kissme's does, although the C didn't read out the losses this week.

She told us all to stand up. She then said "all those who've gained or maintained sit down". We gave them a round of applause for coming to meeting and staying. We did this with each half pound increment, clapping everyone's weight losses.

I really liked this approach, it worked well in a big group.

And I've made a couple of new friends - I can find it difficult in groups like this because a lot of them are mums with similar aged kids. I don't have kids so find it difficult to break into the "cliques".

Alwyn~ I know what youmean about getting into groups, I'm 26 and have been married 7 years,but no kids, and I never seem to fit in anywhere!

so does everyone bring food each week to put in the basket for slimmer of the week? how much are raffle tickets? how many are in your group?

Everyone brings a peice of fruit or veg with them to add to a bag - normally for slimmer of the week

Raffle tickets are 50p each in my group

There are about 20-40 people who stay to group each week.

xxxx

Alwyn~ I know what youmean about getting into groups, I'm 26 and have been married 7 years,but no kids, and I never seem to fit in anywhere!

so does everyone bring food each week to put in the basket for slimmer of the week? how much are raffle tickets? how many are in your group?

raffle tickets are 10p or 5 for 40p and you win a bag of healthy goodies but you have to take the bag home and fill it for the next week. but the C gives you a fiver to fill it!

Alwyn- I love that idea! I really dislike the body image part of it. Ours is all computerised now, so the consultant spends most of her time trying to get the computer to work! Our group is quite big, so it takes ages to go around to each person. It was quite interesting in the first few weeks hearing about other peoples tips etc, but I really hate public speaking and find it really embarrassing! My group starts at 7pm with WI, then the body image thing starts at 7.30 ish and lasts for about 45mins, then the slimmer of the week and raffle takes place, it finishes at 8.30pm.

A lot of people do WI then leave. But I have been told that if you stay for group then you tend to lose more. It would be interesting to see the statistics!

raffle tickets are 10p or 5 for 40p !

We pay £1 for raffle tickets!!!

In our group everyone is asked to bring in free foods for the basket. We don't have to fill it the next week if we win!

It seems that all groups run slightly differently. If you would like to know how your local group runs then email your consultant (the email address is with the details on group times/venues)

I have always attended groups on my own. I know many people start with friends, but there are many people go alone. Some people are friendly and talk to me, but there is always lots of recipes to look at.

My meeting is always really friendly. You go in and get weighed for me this is between half 5 and 6. Then at 6 she goes through every individuals results, ask if they've tried new recipes, whether they know there reasons for gaining.
The meeting are always made more lively certain weeks, like last week we had a party week with a syn free buffet and game of slimming world truth or dare ha!

Back