What happens if you dont refeed?

newbex12

As anyone just gone back to eating without refeeding? If so what happened?

I have been back on LT for 4 weeks. Went out for a meal on fri night and have been severely ill ever since. Symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea (sorry tmi) and have fainted. I have been to emergency docs who said it sounds like the symptoms of gastroenteritis although I know it's related to not refeeding as it all started when I ate. I know this is completely my fault and I have been irresponsible by not following lipotrims refeeding rules but I seriously did not expect such an extreme reaction to food. Nothing I eat will now stay down. Has anyone experienced this?

Hey new bex... I came off last Friday... Didn't stick to refeed 100% and my god did I regret it.... Severe pains in my stomach/chest/kidneys... And was sick about 20 times that night... Had about 30 mins sleep at about 5.30 in morn... Worse night of my life!! Hubby nearly called an ambulance... I kept saying no but very nearly called it myself... Think I slipped in and out of consciousness lying on the bathroom floor.. But the whole night was like a dream!! I recommend to EVERYONE to refeed properly!!! I have been very careful since introducing food slowly and have been fine since... I hope your feeling better now.. Take it easy! Our bodies hate us right now! X

Lost 36lbs in 7 weeks :)

I didn't re feed properly when I came off for medical reasons and gained 11lb in a day or 2. I ended up in hospital too so definetly stick to re feed! Of u don't, it causes severe water retention. X

How interesting, I was talking to a lady this afternoon who has been on the dietfor 3 weeks, she 'had a moment' and eat a milky way bar (on the grand scale ofthings...it was not the worst thing in the world), however she got really severe stomach pains within minutes and then was sick as a dog. Blooming heck, it really does make me think twice. xx

I didnt refeed properly and put on 9lbs. Escaped being sick tho.

Im due to start refeed on Monday ,sooo nervous

Ava
xxx

Natalia Mascoll said:
i cant help but feel a little scared of these stories glad your all ok now but wow there i was thinking i may cheat and have a little something i shouldnt but scared now. I also wonder if this means we will always have to be careful, does anyone know if we can ever have chocolate again? even after re-feeding week? x

I think as long as u refeed properly and introduce different food groups correctly then u are able to eat anything u wish for again! In moderation of course, some people go onto diets like weight watchers and slimming world after to maintain and loose more slowly..so u can have chocolate again but I would say to follow a plan and treat yourself weekends maybe x

I'm glad I've read this thread as I'm due to finish Lipotrim18th December and was giving myself just 1 week to refeed before Christmas lunch on 25th & 26th (having 2 this year...long story). I'm now thinking twice as I have read somewhere that if you've either been on LT a long time (which it will be 17 weeks for me) or have lost a lot of weight (which will be around 5.5st fo rm) then you need to refeed more slowly over 2 weeks.

Anybody know anything about this as I may need to refeed before I reach goal?

Hi, I think everyone is differ errant I had a weekend away and eat without doing re feed and was fine no side effects and back on my shakes on the Monday and didn't put any weight on x

I was thinking of having xmas dinner, But i dont think i will, I would refeed, but that is effort and I really dont wish ti be ill.

Im really glad i read this as I was in the 1st place going to be 100% over xmas, but decided just to eat once. Looks like im going to stay 100% over xmas now.

Will power will need to be on 1000% as im on holiday next week to a 5* all inclusive so thats going to be hard enough!!

We can do this!!! We are women haha

It all depends what you eat. Im on week 3, had a crave in Wednesday, n had a chicken curry and I was fine. Last night I had another and ate pizza/garlic bread with cheese and my bowels are going insane...sorry if to much info. But hopefully it'll get you to refeed and not cheat during the diet. Its sure was made me not want to be reliving this moment again.... Strickly shakes now til at my goal.

Im on Day 3 today of my refeed and i was at slimming world and I've lost another pound since my last lipotrim weigh in on Monday so im chuffed! Still drinking loads of water and walking each night and sticking to the refeed programme strictly!

I've been on and off it a few times and no adverse reaction except water retention however reading comments I think I ought to stick to the rules from ow on !

Back