What happens to the diet at Christmas?

SlimmerSu

Gold Member
Hi everyone.... By the looks of it i am still going to be on Lipotrim TFR at Christmas this year, but REALLY REALLY don't want to be.

If i still haven't reached my goal (which, realistically, i probably won't have) i am thinking of "giving up" for about a week, probably from Christmas Eve to New Years Eve.

I intend to still watch what i eat, but really do not relish the idea of cooking for my husband, 3 kids and my mum and dad and watch them tucking into a full roast dinner whilst i gulp down my shake!! lol

Has anyone else gone through this, or does anyone have any thoughts on what they are going to do?....

I am desperate not to miss my "normal" Christmas completely, so all advice greatly appreciated x

Hi there,

Its a hard one but I would suggest doing TFR til about 2 weeks before Christmas then do refeed. During Christmas stick to protein ie Turkey, Chicken, Cheese etc low fat of course and green veg. After the holidays go back onto refeed. Some people will come on here and say that you should carry on TFR as its harder to get back on the wagon after a break but you have to do what is right for you and you alone. Good luck and I am sure you will do really well
xx

Hi Su, I think its sensible to make a plan now so that it dosent creep up on you. If you felt strong enough to continue then that is great. If not then as jools says you could re-feed two weeks before and try to eat healthy to limit any damage. Then have a fresh start and do round two, a few people on here have lost their weight in stages and have done really well . I think its great that you are thinking about it now so you can make an informed decision . xx

It's really tough isn't it. I did LT once before, and started in November. I'd started at 12st 12 (having already lost on low-carb) and was almost 100% for 4 weeks, losing a stone. By the time Christmas was upon us, I was eating quite a bit (naughtily, not official refeed) but all low-carb (so meat and veggies, no potatoes and none of the sweet stuff). By this point I was at 11st 4lbs and so not quite at goal of 11st. I have to say I think the fact I began eating without following refeed was the reason I never returned to TFR as planned, and so never reached goal (although I did maintain my weight loss for over a year).

If I was you I'd still want to eat so I'd do as suggested and refeed in advance, but then set a date to return to TFR and STICK to it!!

I'll have finished TFR by then, but my super s-l-o-w (self-designed) refeed means I'll be on Atkins over Christmas so will still have to miss out on all of my favourite puddings and other naughties - it'll all be so worth it though!

Wow - admirable planning ahead. I think if it will ruin your Christmas, then you should refeed before Christmas. I followed Atkins and then South Beach Diet for a couple of months. I have come back to LT now because I want to lose some weight. But I'm only doing it for three weeks, and then going back to Atkins/SBD. I plan to do this until goal so I can be sure of maintaining the weight. It is quite hard to go back to TFR, but you know you can do it already, so it won't be too hard, because you'll know what to expect. Best of luck (and Happy Christmas!)

Hiya I am in the same boat as you. Fingers crossed i will be very near my goal. At the moment I will re-feed 2 weeks before and enjoy crimbo (but carefully) If i still need to lose and i probably will, Then Jan 1st i am back on the wagon.

Its 15 weeks ish til crimbo, i have no plans between now and then. we can lose an incredable amount by then. And honestly i think i will need a TFR break.

But thats just my plan. You do what you feel is right for you. but i know i could not stick to it over crimbo and would cheat, therefore setting myself up for a fall. knowing i will be eating in 12 weeks gives me something to look forward too :D

Sorry for such a long reply...its been on my mind too !!

Thank you all for the replies.

It seems that the sensible thing to do is to refeed about 2 weeks beforehand, and take it very carefully.

Kezzerbelle, i know that i would not be able to resist either, so will plan ahead, and try not to overindulge.
Well done on your fabulous weight loss :)

Good luck to each of you and hope to catch up with you all very soon.. For those i won't chat to, have a wonderful Christmas x x

For me it is going to depend on how close to my goal I am. I'd like to be able to eat because it will be my son's first Christmas and I'd like to enjoy it rather than just sitting in the corner sipping my shakes.
I'll have bypassed every event before Christmas so I think if I do come off LT for then, I deserve that much at least.
But I'll see how I feel closer to the time. :) xxxx

hey guys
i have also been thinking about this and know i wont be at goal and i have decided to continue with tfr. i really dont think i am strong enough to go back on it :-(
i had planned to go home at xmas but have cancelled because i want to surprise them in the summer next year.
good luck on which ever route you decided to take x x x

For me i have already decided that whether or not i am at goal, i plan to enjoy christmas and get straight back on the wagon on Jan 1st. I just LOVE everything about Christmas food and every year it is a total pig out fest. i just love it. So i know that there is no way i would be able to enjoy Christmas if i was still on TRF. I have about 5.5 stone to lose and would really LOVE to be at goal by Christmas, but if i am not, no worries, i will re-feed 2 weeks before and then get straight back on TRF after Christmas.
xx

hey guys
i have also been thinking about this and know i wont be at goal and i have decided to continue with tfr. i really dont think i am strong enough to go back on it :-(
i had planned to go home at xmas but have cancelled because i want to surprise them in the summer next year.
good luck on which ever route you decided to take x x x

Good for you! You're already doing sooooo well that I can totally see why you want to give Xmas a miss and by next Summer you will be less than half the woman that you were......can't begin to imagine the shock on your family's faces!

Good luck x

Back