What happens when you finish meal replacements?

Carlyd85

Hi all,

this may be a silly question but its been troubling. I have started a meal replacement program, I know that doing this properly you get amazing results. The only thing that bothers me is what happens when you stop the meal replacement and you eat proper food? Do you put a bit of weight back on? Even if you eat healthily? I don't want to do this to then suddenly find that by eating food instead I slowly start putting the weight back on.... I'm probably being paranoid but some reassurance would be great :)

Hi all,

this may be a silly question but its been troubling. I have started a meal replacement program, I know that doing this properly you get amazing results. The only thing that bothers me is what happens when you stop the meal replacement and you eat proper food? Do you put a bit of weight back on? Even if you eat healthily? I don't want to do this to then suddenly find that by eating food instead I slowly start putting the weight back on.... I'm probably being paranoid but some reassurance would be great :)

Most people follow a structured re-feed programme, which gradually introduces food back in. If you look in the individual VLCD forums some have a refeed subsection which gives you info :) HTH

Thank you :)

If you eat healthily at the end you will put on around 5lb of water weight - no increase in size - as your liver refills its glycogen stores. Beyond that if you eat healthily ou won't put on weight. Your metabolism will be lower than other people at the same weight though (as it would be through any type of diet) but over time this gets back to normal levels.

Im going to look into how to re feed as well as I didnt do it properly last time and I put the weight back on...not this time x

I just started my Lipotrim, but worried allready how not gain weight back. Studying all the forum:)

If you always do what you've always done- you will always get what you always got! Keep this in mind!! X

Yes, as she said Welshtigge- "Most people follow a structured re-feed programme" and I agree with them in this matter.

Back