What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

Hi Mike,

I am sure you will feel much better both physically and emotionally when you get back from the hospital and you will probably feel more comfortable! Good luck, you will still be numb where they are going to drain so it shouldn't be painful! I'm sure you will be fine and dandy and not look pregnant this afternoon..

Love

Hope you get enough fluid drained Mike, maybe you'll feel a little bit more settled after that.:D

I wonder if it would be possible to get all the food and drink i consumed over the weekend drained out of me?!?!?! Now that would be worth some pain!

Day 14 - Knackered

Well am back from the hospital, the nurse saw me first and changed the steri strips on the scar line, she confirmed the 20 stitches on my belly button are disolveable as Jo said they were so tight that it would be very hard if they needed taking out so that was good.

The nurse said the actual scar line was pretty good and no infection or anything and that to just keep it clean etc and not bath for a few weeks. She said in a few weeks to get the bio oil on it as she had seen wonders with people using that (we always knew bio oil was good on here!)

Anyway she then spotted the lump on my side and went and got the doctor. 5 minutes later, no clothes, no dignity, 38 doctors, 76 trainees and a dentist they decided it was a haeomatoma but the problem he said is that because it is the side I pulled the drain out of in recovery he is worried about the infection control risk.

He said that because the blood is right on the end of the scar he wants to leave it a few days as apparently the body is a clever thing and he said the wound may open up and literally fire out the blood!! He said that I may be left with a 1cm or so open wound if and when it happens and has given me a steri strip to put over it if it happens, if it won't stop bleeding them would need to pop back for a stitch!

He also said it might get bigger in which case he will have to put in a drain but is worried about the infection risk as the 2nd drain wasn't or was aseptic (not sure but something like that as Jo wasn't there to remember lol).

The third option is that the body may reabsorb the blood and it just goes down (sounds like option 3 is the best one!!)

So the bed is now covered in towels just incase I have an alien moment and my stomach opens up to blow out some blood (sounds soooo grim!!)

Anyway apart from that he was happy, he said he hoped the numbness in my legs / groin / tummy would be short lived but can't guarantee it as it is a known risk! and I signed the form!!

The swelling he said was very good on the left but particulary hard in the middle and hence may take a long time to go down.

So anyway we left there and went into Norwich so Jo could do some shopping, I said I could hobble to Starbucks and leave me there for an hour but literally it is 100 metres from the car to the coffee house and I was so knackered when I got there I couldn't keep my eyes open so Jo brought me home.

Anyway back in bed!! Right hand side feels like it has it's own heart at the minute which is weird and going to get an early night tonight.

Feeling quite positive as the nurse said that the scar was lower than usual and wouldn't show when it has healed but just wish this damn tightness swelling pain around my middle would relax a bit.

Mike

Mike that sounds good news (apart from the possible explosion) hope you haven't got expensive sheets on!!! but fingers crossed for the 3rd option and that the arnica works its magic!

Love

LMAO!! Jo said that at least we hadn't got the best sheets on!! Maybe I should sleep in the bath

Gosh Mike that sounds a bit horrible! I hope it does just go down on it's own and you don't end up with some explosion :eek:

Not sure it will explode, I think he was talking metaphorically (I hope so!), he did say though that the body is able to open the wound up and expel it which I thought in some way was really cool and what a clever little body I have!! In other ways it sounds gross LMAO!

Not sure it will explode, I think he was talking metaphorically (I hope so!), he did say though that the body is able to open the wound up and expel it which I thought in some way was really cool and what a clever little body I have!! In other ways it sounds gross LMAO!

Lol it is a bit gross but very very clever :D

Think you should put the computer away now and have some rest it can't be good for you bending over the laptop tapping away.

You have taken tramadol today just sleep them off and try and relax.

You are still recovering from the anaesthetic and it will still be a while before you feel better.

A good night's sleep, hopefully without any explosions:eek: is whats needed.

Great Diary!!!

I read your diary fro start to finish last night lol lol which was quite scary but also motivating too!!!

I am due to meet my cdc for the first time on wednesday and i am hopeful that in a years time i ill have lost around 12 stone too and the thought of excessive skin is very scary :-( although not quite as scary as going through life at the weight i am currently lol lol

My husband will be doing the diet with me and wants to lose about 10 stone so betwen us our bed will groan with delight next year to the reduction of strain it has to take lol lol

You have really spurred my husband on by showing that men can and do do this diet...at first only i was going to do it but now we are so excied abut starting the diet together i am sure it will help!!!

Good luck with your recovery and please keep up your hugely entertaiing and inspiring diary as others have said you really should publish your story i for one would rush out and buy it!!!!

I read your diary fro start to finish last night lol lol which was quite scary but also motivating too!!!

I am due to meet my cdc for the first time on wednesday and i am hopeful that in a years time i ill have lost around 12 stone too and the thought of excessive skin is very scary :-( although not quite as scary as going through life at the weight i am currently lol lol

My husband will be doing the diet with me and wants to lose about 10 stone so betwen us our bed will groan with delight next year to the reduction of strain it has to take lol lol

You have really spurred my husband on by showing that men can and do do this diet...at first only i was going to do it but now we are so excied abut starting the diet together i am sure it will help!!!

Good luck with your recovery and please keep up your hugely entertaiing and inspiring diary as others have said you really should publish your story i for one would rush out and buy it!!!!

Hey Dazzler that's exactly what happened with us! I was getting ready to start the diet and scouring the internet and my husband was very supportive but 'no way am I doing that diet' until he saw Mike's pictures and that was it - 'I need to do that diet, yep I'm gonna do it' - so we have Mike to thank for our bed having 13 stone total less in it :D

Thanks for that Dazzler :)

Your husband will love it!! Us boys are soooo lucky that we shrink quick

Mike

Day 15 - Wimbledon!

Well had a good night sleep which is a revelation! Went to bed reasonably early for me but slept all the way through to 6am when Emily woke me up asking if it was windy outside!!

When you wake up the first thing you feel is this "grip" around your whole middle area as if you have bought at a tight belt and put it on the last eyelet.

Anyway intend to spend the day in bed watching tennis as I did a lot of moving about yesterday and the car journey really was uncomfortable.

Back