what happens when you reach goal?

linzi_lou

hi, i have just found this site which is fantastic by the way! i have been on weight watchers for around 2-2 1/2 years now. i have lost 2 1/2 stone in this time (i am a slow loser! and let my self have christmass and my summer holiday diet free!) i started at 12.8 and at the moment i am 10.1 at 5ft 2.5.
i have just started to get back into it (being trying since the 2nd week of jan! but think now is the time)
what i was wondering was what do you do when you do get to goal?
do you stop the diet or just eat healthy, still count points?

linzi_lou :)

You can do maintenance on points, I think you get an extra 6 a day or something....

I think Ill probably point most of the week but will be more inclined to relax a BIT on occasions.

IF I ever get there I will try to stick to around 24 points a day I think it is, and then go a bit over on special occasions and possibly weekends....but still try to keep everything in check or I will be back to where I started in no time at all I expect!!

I think the theory is you increase your points each week until you get to a point where you stop losing, and that's the number of points you need to maintain. In practice, it's not so easy, is it? You've worked so hard and finally done it, got where you want to be, the last thing you want to do is carry on behaving! You HAVE to though, or you undo all your good work. I behave during the week, and relax a bit at weekends. Only a bit, mind, as I'm only on 18 or so points anyway, so it piles back on very quickly when I have a few days misbehaving.

Back