????What have I just done???????

Enough

Gold Member
Really odd.. just stopped off at a venue to see if it'd be suitable for a party in April, chatted with the staff about food options, bands, parking, etc.. all fine... and then as I drove off I thought: ?????I've just had a J2O????????????????????????? :eek:

How did I do that????????????????????:eek:

I didn't even notice, realise that it was an issue at all until I drove away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I've been 100% for 28 days - HOW DID THAT EVEN HAPPEN????

Really strange!!!! It'd be like getting in the car and realising I'd just had a cigarette even though I don't smoke... freaky!!!

I'm going to go off for a swim and see if I can swim the extra cals out of me - it's just so odd! I don't know what to make of it - I'm not upset, just surprised! It wasn't about giving in to temptation, it was simply not thinking!?!?!??!

well, onwards and downwards! Let's see if I can feel back on track by this eve.. no honking for me this eve, but as I've said to other people, I'm not about to get upset about some orange juice - Life's too short and there are much greater crimes committed in this world than having something to drink!..

still... had to share cause it was just so strange!!

That is weird ;) And not even that you had a moment of weakness. I've put stuff in my mouth while cooking for family without thinking about it, realised then spit it in the bin. Just goes to show how much stuff we normally consume without it even registering :s
You may find it makes you a bit hungry or crave carbs a bit but as long as you don't have anything else and with a bit of exercise you should be back in ketosis by morning.

I do hope so - I feel a bit cold and tired (but might just be the morning I've had!) - I'm hoping the swim will help. I'm also thinking of only having three packs today instead of four, but I'm not sure.. if I do swim lots, then I'll still have four anyway, and just call it a blip.. I'm still a bit bemused that it even happened.. the whole evenings in the pub I've had drinking water, the meals out at friends where I've managed to have just a mint tea, the snacks at work that I've automatically said 'thanks but no thanks', when before I'd have been thinking 'I shouldn't', and yet feeling unable to resist.. but the last 28 days have just been a fresh way of thinking.. until this afternoon's slightly odd hiccup!

Odd is definitely the word!!

Thanks for the support...

mid-thirties-dementia perhaps?? :rolleyes: :eek:

Yay for being back in ketosis! :)

I'm thinking about getting myself some jewellery to celebrate the new permanent healthier me.. it might also act as a memory aid!!! I still can't quite believe I did that yesterday..

..but it'll serve as a fabulous lesson: I've not let a small dilemma turn into a crisis.. I've not thought "that's it.. I'm a failure".. I've just dusted myself down and kept looking forwards with hope and hard work.. in the past I might have become so down on myself for such a slip that I'd have felt stuck.. when actually I would have been as free to carry on as anyone... maybe we are often as free as we THINK we are.. and if we feel trapped it's often purely that we're THINKING we're trapped.. may be........

At least it wasn't chocolate!

true.. still find it odd that I did it.. haven't had anything else like that happen.. don't know if it'll have effected my losses this week.. guess I'll find out tomorrow eve... :eek:

oops - sorry folks - just seen the thread was moved, and realised why - guess I've never had a blip before, so I've never had to notice that you can't mention them!

Lol my cdc said that she was buttering some crackers for her husband he walks on and says what are you doing.... she's only made and eaten most of a cheese cracker sandwich without even noticing! Strange how we can sometimes Fi this on autopilot... you're not alone! :)

Back