What have we eaten today

Thanks LM,

Yes I think because i lost 11lb low carbing in a bout 4 weeks, and only 5lb ccing in a couple of months just leaves me feeling a bit low. I might try and cut out a few carbs in my calories budget to try and get the best of both worlds.

anyone else low carbing while ccing.?

Hi Jot. I do think there's something to be said for cutting back on the starchier carbs, especially if you then replace them with veggies that are higher in nutrients but lower in calories. FWIW I was a bit concerned when I made the switch from Atkins that i didn't seem to be eating nearly as much veg! I am trying to address that now.

Starchier carbs like bread, potatoes, rice and pasta are pretty high in calories as well, so it kind of makes sense to have a larger amount of lower carb AND lower cal veggies instead*.

Easy enough for me to say! I know where I've gone wrong personally and it's the booze, so I'm going to concentrate on beating that first. I know I can cut back on carbs later if my weight loss slows and I need another booster.

*I wouldn't go as low as the Atkins 20g limit though, unless you were going to also greatly increase protein intake, as you might start depleting muscle tissue rather than burning fat.

Hey Auburn, is it wrong of me to read your message and just be insanely jealous!? :D Mmmm, all the yummies!

I know it probably didn't make you feel good though. Have you thought about joining an online diet service? It might help you to get control of your eating if you've got a week's menu plans all laid out in advance for you. They're not for everyone, and I know it's easy enough to cheat on them :)rolleyes:) but it might be the thing you need to help get control of things again.

Oh yeah, what's the title of this thread again? ;)

Today I have had scrambled egg (1 whole, 1 white, splash of milk) on 2 WW white danish toast, 255. Lunch will be same as yesterday, chicken salad pitta with pesto mayo, yoghurt & apple, 410. Tea will be baked cod with either curried potatoes & peas or just baked potato if I can't be faffed with 'proper' cooking, 425.

1090 on main meals.

*prepares the boot*

Stop eating crap or you won't lose weight!

Owzat?

Perfect, thanks..!!

It seems to have done the trick, look!!
Breakfast was beans on toast - 252
Snack was my yogurt, no banana though... oops. 56 calories
Lunch will be two slices of bread with soup - that's 92 cals plus chicken and barley broth at 126 calories.

That leaves me with 1000ish for the rest of the day. I think I might have a chicken casserole from the freezer section, and see how that goes!

Hey Auburn, is it wrong of me to read your message and just be insanely jealous!? :D Mmmm, all the yummies!

I know it probably didn't make you feel good though. Have you thought about joining an online diet service? It might help you to get control of your eating if you've got a week's menu plans all laid out in advance for you. They're not for everyone, and I know it's easy enough to cheat on them :)rolleyes:) but it might be the thing you need to help get control of things again.

Hi hi :)
I am on the CYT website, which I use for counting up all my sinful things... haha. I don't cheat, I have done that in the past but soon realised that it's just me that I'm cheating, so I do count EVERYTHING.
I think its just the boot up the bum I've needed. I spoke to the blokey last night [read: broke down in tears and told him I was fat and ugly and didnt know what he saw in me.. oops. Slightly melodramatic..!] and he apologised(?!) for leading me off the track with cake and stuff, and said that he wanted to lose weight too cos his old bike leathers were too snug... So I have a bit extra support there :) He suggested also going away next summer, if that helps by having a target, which I think it does :)

And as I am writing this, my work colleague is offering me cheese and biscuits... NO THANK YOU!!!! :D I love cheese and crackers etc, but I think I would love being a size 14 again better plz..!

Good on you Auburn, you're sounding so much more positive. I'm like you, I weigh/count absolutely everything! In the past I haven't and I've went off track so easily. I guess we just need to be honest with ourselves, eh?

Lunch: WW Chicken Curry, followed by strawberries and raspberries and packet of popcorn - 392 calories

Brings my total for today to 571.

Think I'll have chilli con carne for dinner

Hi All,

Been a busy few days so haven't posted but back here posting again today

Breakfast; Egg with Granary Toast, 1 apple, i skinny cow hot choc 296 cal
Lunch; Salmon, red onion and beetroot sandwich 359 cal
Snacks; Small bowl of porridge, 1 apple, 1 skinny cow hot choc and 1 custard cream 276
Milk 100 cal

Total 1031

Tonight i shall have spicy pork curry and basmatti 400 cal approx

Thank you everyone for the support today. You all rock :D

My dinner was carbonara in the end, made with linguine, chicken and bacon, and extra light philly. Total 625. I could have just had the bacon but I had chicken to use up :D
Absolutely stuffed now!

Thats a total of 1150 for the day, so enough to have a cuppa and a biccie at supertime :)

Hello everyone! hope you've all had a good day
I've been stressed out today (which is normally a trigger to EAT for me!) but i controlled myself and had some fruit! very reserved and proud of myself!

I've had
B- porridge (with milk) + hot choc = 220
L- Sweet pot(left over from last night)*, Cuc, Tom, Grapes, Kiwi, and a 10cal soup - 389
T- Quorn burger, roast veg and steamed sproats!- 343

Snacks
strawberry cereal bar - 72
crackers x4- 72
yog-61
hotchoc-37
mussels-90
this adds up to 1284 so far, I might have something else after tea cos i've done 345cal worth of exercise today, and the same yest actually!!

I put a *next to my sweet potato left overs cos i wanted to say - this is so unlike me normally i'll eat all that i cook so i'm again proud of myself for my will power!!!

:):)

Today I had weetabix minis for breakfast, with watered down skimmed milk, about 200cal.
For lunch a breaded salmon fillet and loads of veg, about 300cal.
And a fish pie for dinner, 340cals.
And 2 special K bars for snacks, 180, about 50cals worth of tea and a hot chocolate for 120.
So I've had 1200 ish at the mo, perhaps I'll allow myself another hot choc? ;)

today's menu for me

B: strawberries, raspberries, pear, grapes, cereal bar
L: Submarine roll with chicken
D: chicken soup with 2 slices ww wholemeal bread

Snacks: apple, little stars yog, skinny cow hot choc.

i am feeling sooo positive, all of your support is great it is giving me the motivation i need, i bought myself an ipod shuffle today as i am joining the gym so thats really good for me i am stepping up my excersise, heres to a fitter, skinnier, healthier new me wooohooo

How is everyone?

I had porridge again this morning, it's nice having something warm on a cold morning. Also had a WW strawberry yogurt and a black coffee. 226 calories.

That's a nice positive message to read on a cold grey morning, assj! Cheers.

I'm feeling pretty positive myself today, I haven't weighed in since Monday but do feel like everything's moving in the right direction.

b - scrambled egg on toast - 255
l - chicken & salad pitta, I'm mad about pesto mayonnaise it's my new obsession - 410
d - I have a late meeting so not sure if OH will cook (he has been instructed to stay within 400-450 cals a portion if so!) or I'll have a chicken chargrill out the freezer with a baked potato & salad.

Hello everyone :)

Breakfast for me was poached eggs on toast, and it was BEAUTIFUL! Perfectly runny yellow bits, mmm MMM! 235 calories
Lunch was a tuna and red onion sanger from the shop at work. Oops, but I really enjoyed it! 380 cals.
Tea will be pizza hut, I cant get out of that, and I am NOT having a pudding :)

I went to pizza hut for my birthday Jen, you can get the nutritional info online, so I chose what to have before I even stepped out the door, lol! Some of the pastas aren't too bad at all.

Lunch today was cheese salad sandwich, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Also had a packet of golden lights. Total so far is 623 cals.

Not sure what to have for dinner. Had taken a beef casserole out of the freezer but the veg now looks all mushy, bleh.

ah loulou, you are doing really well hon.x

I seriously need to plan better when i am at work, its hectic when i get there.

B. Alpen Bar 125

L. Eat natural bar 235

D. Bacon Sandwich 500

snacks 400:flirt2:

1260 approx

Got to make the effort to eat more fruit and veg tomorrow.

Aw, thanks Jo! You're doing really well too, I think this thread really helps me stick at it, so ta very much for starting it, lol!

I ended up having chicken kiev, boiled potatoes and carrots for dinner. Then for supper I had a sandwich, popcorn and a babybel, so today's total is 1507. Very pleased seeing as I feel like I've ate alot today.

Hope you're all OK x

Oh welcome hon, Been to aerobics tonight, feel better for it afterwards lol!

Had a couple of down days but at least i still stayed within my calorie budget even though i eat rubbish, but its amazing how crappy you feel for eating empty calories.

Back