What have you done with the Xmas goodies?

I have tons of goodies leftover from Xmas. We have bags of nuts, boxes of choccies & bics etc ... seems to be tons of it!
I have already chucked a yule log, and the xmas cake will be following before the end of the day! I opened the yule log and then threw it in the rubbish bin, cos I just can't trust myself!:mad:

I tend to pick and eat crap because I just cant be assed to make something sensible to eat! Basically if its there I will eat it.

I dont want to take my goodies to work as the temptation will be still be there, and cant trust myself to put it away and not touch it...... what to do?????

Chucked all mine last night before i went to bed, i had munched loads and felt so sick :eek:

Back on plan today and aiming for 100% the rest of the month so i won't be needing them....and i am just not strong enough to resist ;)

take it round to the neighbours or family..
or down to the local.... er wherever you can offload them.. church hall? WI?

I ate as much as I could yesterday and then binned everything that was left!!! It broke my heart!! hahah

But on the plan 100% from today, this weight is going!!!

I wrapped any boxes of chocs up and gave them to other people.... they just saw it as an extra xmas present lol :)

what we have left is sat in appropriate places in kitchen etc and will be still eaten but either by kids or by me or hubby within syns!

We didn't but much Christmas treats, just a nice dessert for Christmas day and 1 box of nice biscuits and 1 small box of quality street, so it wasn't too much of a problem.

The birds are currently having a wonderful feast on the bird table, the Christmas cake has been a huge hit with them.

The mince pies (I made 4 dozen, 2 dozen left) have gone into the freezer and they will come out at Easter. A Christmas pudding we never got round to opening has also gone in the freezer and hoping that will be ok for next yr.

2 unopened boxes of choccies gone into loft(yes cant be trusted if anywhere else) will bring them out for pressies.

I have given all the nuts and bits and bobs to my brother.

There is nothing left to snack on, anywhere in reach!

Years ago my SW leader used to collect unopened boxes of chocs, nuts etc and take them to our local night shelter. It was staggering what was collected and very gratefully recieved.

Lucia
Lucia

beforeim50 said:
I have tons of goodies leftover from Xmas. We have bags of nuts, boxes of choccies & bics etc ... seems to be tons of it!
I have already chucked a yule log, and the xmas cake will be following before the end of the day! I opened the yule log and then threw it in the rubbish bin, cos I just can't trust myself!:mad:

I tend to pick and eat crap because I just cant be assed to make something sensible to eat! Basically if its there I will eat it.

I dont want to take my goodies to work as the temptation will be still be there, and cant trust myself to put it away and not touch it...... what to do?????

Luckily we were with family for Christmas, so all the goodies we bought we took with us and left them at their home when we left. It's the only way I can deal with Christmas goodies as if they were in the house I would have to have them. Husband is slim, can eat anything he likes (lucky so and so) so any goodies that come into the house will be given to him to deal with (eat).

Lucia Lucia said:
The birds are currently having a wonderful feast on the bird table, the Christmas cake has been a huge hit with them.

The mince pies (I made 4 dozen, 2 dozen left) have gone into the freezer and they will come out at Easter. A Christmas pudding we never got round to opening has also gone in the freezer and hoping that will be ok for next yr.

2 unopened boxes of choccies gone into loft(yes cant be trusted if anywhere else) will bring them out for pressies.

I have given all the nuts and bits and bobs to my brother.

There is nothing left to snack on, anywhere in reach!

Years ago my SW leader used to collect unopened boxes of chocs, nuts etc and take them to our local night shelter. It was staggering what was collected and very gratefully recieved.

Lucia
Lucia

That's a great idea collected the unopened boxes and handing them out to people in need. Something to remember for next Christmas or any time of year where there is a chance of over indulgence

we didnt have xmas here so no naughty stuff, last year i took them to old people homes and gave them in raffle prices

I have a whole tin of quality street left, and a full tin of roses which is half roses and half other chocs I've condensed up! Then I have a huge box of Thornton's chocs and also have a huge tub of chocolate white mice and a huge tub of haribo jelly babies!! I am going to have them for syns and my son will eat them too, I'd say they'll last us til Easter but I'm sure we'll get through them and luckily I can show restraint so I don't mind them being there lol!

Like other have said any unwanted items can be taken to places like the YMCA or to a local church who will pass them on, and schools always appreciate them for fayres etc...

We didnt really buy many goodies but my husband`s work sent him a lovely M&S food hamper which was full of yummy food but to be honest I wasnt too tempted ... Im too stubborn really ... I cant pay my £5 a week to put weight on!! No Chance!! I still have another 3 stone ish to loose before my holidays and that is really important to me ... more important than a Christmas gain but i will definately be coming home from Florida and our cruise with a gain!!! oopppsss

Kept them and am using them in my syns. Got some GORGEOUS truffles, thorntons mint choc and biscuits, but that's what syns are for! :) Oh and I have two tins of roses! LOL I won't need to buy choc til next xmas at this rate! :)

Hi everybody, first day here

I've just been ruthless and chucked out the bits I had left as it's the only way I can avoid temptation!

unfortunately I ate most of it 'BLUSH'.

Having said that, we certainly didn't buy anything like we normally buy - no nuts and only a box of 18 mince pies - of which we only ate 6 and it was a good job we didn't buy much as as the family we were having over didn't come because of flu bugs and the weather etc.

Cousin and her hubby was coming for new year and I rang them before hand to find out what they wanted to do - chinese or a buffet which I would have to go buy and good job I rang as they couldn't come either because they had a terrible flu bug too - we ended up having a masshoosive chinese - but nothing really left in the house now to worry about.

I froze the mince pies which we will have over a number of weeks - and Christmas pud's last for ages and ages and only hubby eats.

Crisps and snacky bits I gave to the kids next door.

I know a SW consultant who has an "amnesty" for all unwanted (and unopened) goodies after Christmas and Easter. She then takes them to a local charity which makes up hampers for needy folk in the town. Everyone is happy - her members get rid of the temptation, the charity is delighted, and nothing gets wasted.

Have a look for local charities in your telephone directory or online - I am sure you will find one who will take things off your hands.

Back