What have you eaten that you thought was healthy.....

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
.... then found out that it wasnt. Thought this thread might help people. I noticed that some people (including myself) have eaten certain foods thinking that they are healthy and then finding out that they arent.

mine was Smoked Mackeral, the ones in a packet. i thought i was being really healthy eating them 3 times a week, but they are not a healthy food and you have to syn them.

I was gutted about advocados!

I understand they are high in good fats, but I would of thought there would of been a certain allowance for them!

I would happily use a hexb for half an advocado!

Not me personally, but a few ladies at group this week have only just realised that FRESH pasta is synned on green/EE - only dried is free (I think the fresh has some oil in it which is why it is synned)

Think they are hoping for some good losses next week once they rectify the mistake. Sometimes it can be nice to find out you've been doing something wrong like that - its so simple to put right without too much hardship and the change can make all the difference to your losses!

Not me personally, but a few ladies at group this week have only just realised that FRESH pasta is synned on green/EE - only dried is free (I think the fresh has some oil in it which is why it is synned)

Think they are hoping for some good losses next week once they rectify the mistake. Sometimes it can be nice to find out you've been doing something wrong like that - its so simple to put right without too much hardship and the change can make all the difference to your losses!

Yeah it's because it's coated woth oil so it doesn't stick together, it's the same with cooked noodles.

Can be so easy to make mistakes!

mine was cooked chickens. i've been known to buy one from asda/morrisons on a bsy day, and i thought that if i took the skin off they would be free on red/ee.

Last week our consultant told us that they have 41 syns!!!:eek: apparantly its because they inject fat into them before they cook them.

will be staying away from them from now on methinks :rolleyes:

mine was smoked mackeral as well, I was so annoyed cause I thought I was being good to

also activa snack pot peach flavour, thought they were free but have 1/2 syn, I know its not much but I would rather eat one thats free :)

Roast parnips on a red day! Fortunatley hadnt used by HEXB's so used them for my parsnips

mine was cooked chickens. i've been known to buy one from asda/morrisons on a bsy day, and i thought that if i took the skin off they would be free on red/ee.

Last week our consultant told us that they have 41 syns!!!:eek: apparantly its because they inject fat into them before they cook them.

will be staying away from them from now on methinks :rolleyes:

Uh-oh - this is one of those topics (like Weatherspoons Jacket spuds and "free" lasagne sheet crisps!) that usually turns into a massive debate!

I dont pretend to know the answer here, but have read numerous threads in the past that question this theory - the overall conclusion to this seems to be, that some supermarkets are better than others, some types of chicken are worse than others (extra tasty are higher syn) - but which are better and which are worse I couldn't say.

What I would say though is that I understand that consultants are human, and cannot possibly know all the answers - but they really should be careful when they tell their class something, if they cant be certain of it. My work colleague just started slimming world last week and said her consultant recommended the "free" lasagne crisps - but the official line as far as I can gather from here is that they are not free.

what is lasange crisps ??

I've not tried them personally - having found out they are not free, but basically it seems lasange sheets sprayed with frylight and baked then cut into wedges, apparently they are like doritos.

If you type lasagne crisps into the search box (use minimins search) I'm sure you'll find loads of threads about them.

TBH though, if they are synned anyway, you might as well have some normal Doritos, or some lowish syn crisps (cassava snacks, french fries, WW crisps etc)

oh no!! im in shock over the cooked chicken-i bought one and skinned it and stripped it off the bone (taking all fat off) to add to a stew...bummer! x

Oh i didn't know peach activia were 0.5 syns ! Thanks for that I would have been hapily eating them throughout the week!

Good idea for a thread BTW :)

Had a Hartley's raspberry fruit in jelly pot a couple wks ago. Read fat free and assumed would be free, of course what I should of been looking for sugar free! What a waste of 5 syns lol:(

Back