What have you eaten that you thought was healthy.....

i remember being horrified that Tesco Light Choices packet soup was 5 syns when it was essentially a cup of stock with about 3 noodles and a pea in it!! I never have any sort of soup now as it's homemade. Also I was eating sushi and assuming it was free but apparently they add things to the rice like sugar and vinegar I think so not completely free :(

Go Ahead bars, can't remember what they are now, but I was convinced I'd synned them right, but hadn't and was only counting half the amount of syns then they should have been! Not eaten them since!

I've done this too, I think it's something like there are 2 biscuits in a pack and it tells you the syns for just 1 in the book/online - easy mistake to make!

mine was cooked chickens. i've been known to buy one from asda/morrisons on a bsy day, and i thought that if i took the skin off they would be free on red/ee.

Last week our consultant told us that they have 41 syns!!!:eek: apparantly its because they inject fat into them before they cook them.

will be staying away from them from now on methinks :rolleyes:

I am so glad I read this. I haven't had one yet but now I most certainly will not. I have been so tempted especially after finishing work and feeling to knackered to cook.

Just putting a chicken in the oven for work over the next 3 days !!!!

Had a Hartley's raspberry fruit in jelly pot a couple wks ago. Read fat free and assumed would be free, of course what I should of been looking for sugar free! What a waste of 5 syns lol:(

OMG that is another one I would have done !!!

I know, wouldn't have minded so much if it was nice but it wasn't lol x

Thank goodness you have saved me from the disappointment.

Good topic........thanks for starting it.

mine was cooked chickens. i've been known to buy one from asda/morrisons on a bsy day, and i thought that if i took the skin off they would be free on red/ee.

Last week our consultant told us that they have 41 syns!!!:eek: apparantly its because they inject fat into them before they cook them.

This is a myth - there is no injecting of fat - do a search and you will find the most recent thread where this was confirmed

Originally Posted by kels2010

hahaaa, how many times are we going to have this debate and the mods have to delete the posts lol!

oh my god, didnt know that about sushi. absolutely love the stuff. does this count just for the ones in the supermarket or is it for the sushi that you get in the restaurants too.

This is a myth - there is no injecting of fat - do a search and you will find the most recent thread where this was confirmed

Yup, tis true what Circes says ... all basic supermarket chickens are free so long as you remove all the skin and the fat. It was my consultant who spoke to head office ;) So nom away on your supermarket cooked chickens with happiness :D

so i can have the cooked chickens then? yay, its so much easier to pick one of them up after a long day when iam far too tired too cook anything. not very happy that my consultant said that though if its not true...

i like the cooked chickens but my hubby cannot eat them. Something they put on / in them affects his stomach and he omits (sorry) a smell that i can only describe as putrid chicken.

i remember being horrified that Tesco Light Choices packet soup was 5 syns when it was essentially a cup of stock with about 3 noodles and a pea in it!! I never have any sort of soup now as it's homemade. Also I was eating sushi and assuming it was free but apparently they add things to the rice like sugar and vinegar I think so not completely free :(

I've done this too, I think it's something like there are 2 biscuits in a pack and it tells you the syns for just 1 in the book/online - easy mistake to make!

Glad it wasn't just me that did it then. I was gutted when I realised it would be double for them, certainly weren't worth it, but they were nice. They were the yougarty ones.

oh not the injecting oil into chicken and deep fried jacket potato subject again. Chinese whispers has alot to answer for.

I haven't made any major mistakes, apart from I picked up a pot of full fat yoghurt instead of fat free by mistake, and didnt realise until I was 3/4 of the way through it. Although when I worked out the syns it wasnt too bad anyway.

Ham slices was another one, I didnt realise that some are not free. Although to be honest it never affected my losses and I never went overboard with it. Proper ham off the bone type stuff is impossible to get here. I havent even seen a fresh joint of ham to buy, they all seem to be ready cooked smoked ones which are rank.

although talking of things you have eaten that you though were free.

I am shocked by some things that ARE free on SW. All the batchelors stuff for instance, I mean have you seen the nutritional information and ingredients? Yikes!!!! How they can fathom that they are healthy is beyond me and I am sure that when you enter the nutritional information on the syns calculator they dont come out as free???

My god is this true? I can buy a whole chicken and eat it for lunch and tea. I never eat skin as I think its revolting, just my opinion. I generally only eat breast me and the hubby has legs etc. Does it show as syns online calculator/syns checker. I have never thought of even looking.

Parsnips are free on EE and Green. But not on Red.

And they are not superfree so cannot count towards your 1/3 superfree on your plate.

My god is this true? I can buy a whole chicken and eat it for lunch and tea. I never eat skin as I think its revolting, just my opinion. I generally only eat breast me and the hubby has legs etc. Does it show as syns online calculator/syns checker. I have never thought of even looking.

Try reading the rest of the thread. We dont know for sure - there has been oodles of debate on this but the consensus seems to be that SOME cooked chickens might be bad, but some are fine.

What is absolutely certain though (IMHO) is that people, consultants especially, really need to be careful and sure of their information before they states something as an absolutely true fact!

Back